Thursday, February 22, 2007

So I'm A Dope

Peachy left a comment yesterday on the 'other blog' reminding me that I haven't been a good blogger buddy. I guess I haven't felt very social lately since my friend left for Grad School.

She has started Grad School at John's Hopkins. She is very busy with school and still works part time. I do see her occasionally. We had lunch together last week. But thats about it. She goes home a lot (another state) and she doesn't have a lot of spare time anymore. Other than wonderful Gmail chat, I don't have much contact with her anymore.

I miss her.

But thats it goes sometimes.

Other news.... well theres not much to talk about. Work has been crazy lately. It seems like nothing wants to work right this past 2 weeks. I've had a never ending flow of vendors, repair guys and official document signing meetings just to keep things running.

Oh, and we remodeled the bathroom at home again. Yes, I mean again! This is the 3rd time since moving into the house 1.5 years ago. I figure if we just keep to the schedule we can be expert remodelers. A redo every 6 months is good for you, right? *sigh* Have I ever mentioned here just how much I hate home improvement projects? I really do. Not that I can't do them well. I just don't want to do them. How people do that stuff after a stressful week at a real job I just don't understand.

My mother's birthday is this week. I have yet to decide what to do about it. Unlike other people out there who like to celebrate their parents special days, I just don't care. If not for Nicci and my Aunt I'd probably never see her. Some people don't get that, I'm sure, but my philosophy is pretty simple and straight forward; if someone is a freak and you don't like them, don't waste your time hanging with them. I didn't choose her as my mother. I got stuck. It doesn't mean I have to like her just because she could breed. So this weekend could have a little drama since I'll have to be coerced into a visit. Then I'll get crap for not being social...yada..yada..yada... Whatever.

Its not drama on my end. Its no big thing to me. It is a big thing to those around me who don't get it. Its nothing but a bore to me and it will come and go without me really noticing too much. If I get to hang with my Uncle for a while it's a good day. :)

I heard from Spacebrain that he may be coming back to work here where I am. He probably doesn't realize it but that would really make me happy. I don't like a lot of guys. I have very few close male friends. Mostly guys are a bore to me. Always the same thing in their heads. Rarely a good conversation or an original thought. Sports and sex. I like both of those subjects but there are a few more things to focus on in this world than just those. Spacebrain is a little different than that. He's one guy that I do miss. Knowing someone and seeing them around for 18 years will do that I guess.

Women are much better friends. They have more original and creative minds (in general) and have a wider range of interests and curiousities. I prefer female friends above all others. (I say all others because these days there are some that are about half and half. I don't know any of them so I guess I really don't have an opinion about that.) So I guess what people say about me is true, I am in touch with my feminine side. :)

So theres my update. I don't intentionally stay away long. I just haven't been available much plus I haven't felt like it for a while. Strained heart strings will do that to a person. But I usually recover quickly. Hopefully I'll stop being a blogger dope soon.

2 comments:

Me said...

Considering your second to last post was about how you were going to probably give up posting, I didn't worry that you hadn't updated this blog.

As for your moms birthday - I feel the pain. As you know 3 (?) years ago she fucked me over pretty good and I've had a very hard time with birthday and mothers day since. I typically, convieniently forget about it.

We do talk more now and she's been to my home, etc. but I still get a sick feeling in my stomach thinking about sending her a card.

I will try to forget it again next month when it comes up.

Yankeebob said...

No Meritt, I haven't given up posting. I've just had a bit of a time lately. Personal stuff.

I knew you would understand the issues I have with the mother thing. I remembered you trials with it too. :)