Monday, February 26, 2007

You Are Healed!

I found this at a blog I accidentally came across this morning. It cracks me up!




A good way to start a boring Monday eh? A good laugh and the Starbuck's Cafe Verona I made this morning. Yum! I have been making it since last Monday and I have to tell ya, if you haven't tried it, you should. I make it the European way though, very strong. But it is my (current) favorite.

I kinda sound a little like Meritt there. Ha ha.

So the weekend was OK. Managed to re-uninstall the bathroom sink and re-re-install it again. The stupid thing....grrrr... Tell me what kind of manufacturer doesn't send the right stuff in a kit like that? The drainn wouldn't drain because it couldn't. They sent a drain without an overflow hole. It couldn't 'breathe' so naturally it couldn't let the water go down.

And of course I didn't notice it until after it was all installed. When the water went in and just sat there, waiting for help, I noticed. Duh!

But noew the stupid thing is back in place and sealed up good. The right drain had to be special ordered. It won't be here until Wednesday. Imagine, a simple new sink install taking 10 days and three re-dos. Sometimes projects just don't go the way they should.

I don't know about anyone else but have you also noticed that once a project starts it gains momentum and all these little add-ons keep creeping in? Spacebrain calls that "creeping-featurism". This was one of those projects. It's been like this:

"Well, since we have the sink out I should re-do the wall behind there. Maybe I should just go ahead and change the color? Yeah, I will."
"I got some new fixtures for the walls. The old ones didn't suit me with the new color."
"Can you replace that strip on the backsplash? I think it would look better since we have the room apart..."
"I think that should be moved over here. We have the opportunity now that the room..."
"I bought this for under here. Can you put this in while you're at it?"
"Those old door handles just had to go since we changed the color and all."
"Well, I had to get these since we changed the door handles."

Yeah, it really is like that. :)

OK, enough jabbering on about the latest home improvement project. Otherwise the weekend wasn't too bad. I did manage to play a little online too. I think I could really like WoW. (For those without kids, I'm including myself in that reference, WoW is World of Warcraft.) The one thing I don't like about the game is all the travelling. Sometimes it takes 5-10 minutes to get places. But basically I think I like it. Once I'm done with the bathroom :) I think I'll try it a little more.

So happy Monday to all. Time to get more coffee and see what you've been up to.

No comments: