Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Another Boring Post

There are 3 young girls here now that are pregnant. None of them planned it either. Only one even has a steady guy. The one who works in our department was shocked she got pregnant. She even cried. She didn't want to have a kid. The funny thing about her situation is that her husband is some kind of missionary and has been away for almost two years. He came home the second week of October. She is now 8 weeks along. You do the math.

What gets me is how all 3 are surprised and claim "It was an accident." I disagree. (As usual.) There are no accidental pregnancies in 2007. It's all about carelessness. They just weren't caferful enough to prevent the surprise from happening. Especially the one who obviously has a boyfriend other than her husband. I wonder what she would have done had he not come home when he did? It's close enough to his arrival that she can get it past him. I guess she got lucky twice? lol

Oh well. Not my worry.

Yesterday was hectic. I was supposed to take off and play 36 holes with the boys yesterday but my conscience wouldn't let me. I had too much planned for the day to just let it to my girls. So all day I watched the weather with a smirk. The night before and the morning were rainy and cold. The afternoon wasn't too bad so they probably did OK. But the conditions still had to suck. But the truth is, I was still envious. Even a bad day golfing is better than a good day at work. *sigh

Anyway, the day just got more and more hectic and then suddenly it was 3:30. It seemed so sudden that I found myself wondering where the day went and then wondering what I should do with the last hour. After all the activity I was bored. The slow down happened too fast I guess. lol

Today I will leave early. Not much going on and I have the place to myself until maybe 8 tonight. The alone time is the best and every chance I get I take it. Hopefully things won't go to shit here and my tentative plans will work out. After lunch with Lindsey I should be free and clear. Sweet!

This Dilbert cracked me up. This is exactly how corporate america runs now. :)



OK, time for the first meeting of the day. Hopefully there won't be any dorks with too much time on their hands and not enough talent making decisions there. That will mean my afternoon plans could be in jeopardy.

4 comments:

Rene said...

NO pregnacy is an accident or a mistake, especially with as many resources as there are out there!! Choosing to have unprotected sex in this day and age is a death wish, more than just a way to get pregnant! AIDS, STD's, etc. I am the grandma of an unplanned grandson, but we've never EVER called him an accident or a mistake!!

Me said...

My very very first thought - without actually thinking at all was;

"OMG I'LL ADOPT THEM!!!!!!!"

You know me and children. LOL.

Rene said...

I wanted to write a thing about adoption, but I don't know the intentions of the girls that are pregnant, but I would hope that they would make one based on what would best suit the child and not what's easiest for them....if you know what I mean! Adoption is an awesome way to not only do the right thing, but to give another couple the chance to be parents when they can't have a child, is such a gift!!! I'm a baby lover!! I'd take one if I wasn't so old!

Summer said...

I agree, it's hard to believe that any pregnancy can be an accident. Two girls at my workplace got pregnant this past year and both of them said they were accidents.

pffft... whatever

I think birth control should be mandatory until a person is ready to "plan" for a child. :)