Friday, November 09, 2007

Weekend Chill

So this morning they finally fired this pain-in-the-ass engineer consultant that was brought in a while back. He has been sucking up thousands of dollars a week with nothing to show for it. Someone got smart (way too late in my opinion) and now he’s gone. But before he left he sent this goodbye email around to the groups and people he worked with that was hilarious. It was all about how happy he was to meet us and how we made him feel like family…….. blah blah blah.

Why do people do stuff like that? It was stupid. Besides, no one here would ever intentionally make him a part of his or her family. No one ever even wanted to talk to the guy let alone be his buddy. Those types of emails are sorry things and I can’t understand why anyone would write that crap.

But it is good blog material. :)

Yesterday was one of those days a Supervisor has occasionally when the whole day is wasted on personnel issues. We have a great group but it is all women. All but one guy. So the whole "she said-she said" thing goes crazy sometimes. All day yesterday I felt like I was back in high school listening to teenagers bickering. But this time I was in the middle being the referee. I didn’t like it. By the time I got home I was ready to crash.

I still say the world would be an awesome place without all the people in it.

I just a few minutes I am headed home. Nothing to do but sip on a nice Cabernet and chill. I am really looking forward to it. Everyone have a great weekend. I will.

1 comment:

Me said...

1. He wrote it because he doesn't want to 'burn' any bridges and he wants to leave on good terms so he can write down this job on his resume for his next job and if the call any of you you'll give a good review. :)


2. Laughed at the stupid 'personnel' crap. Might I say (AGAIN) how much I hate hate hate hate women? I feel so sorry for guys! How can you stand us? Women are catty and gossipers and run on pure emotion. I HATE working with women. HATE HATE HATE it.

AND that would also be why I choose to have very few female friends. Only a handful and I like to keep my distance a little.