Monday, November 05, 2007

Giving Myself A Black Eye

So what do you think of a teenager that will get upset about something and punch himself in the face? Not just little punches either. Enough to get two black eyes? You know what I think right? Yeah, just put him to sleep so he doesn't infect the world with his sickness. Thats what I think.

I met someone like that this weekend. A friend of Nicci's boy. Plus, the reason he did that was so stupid. Something about not being able to use the parents new car to take his girl out. He still had his own car but I guess that wasn't good enough. When I asked if he knew how stupid and retarded that was I was shushed and then got to go home. Which is what I wanted to do anyway so it worked out.

Is that the new teen phase? "Give me what I want or I'll give myself a black eye!" You never know anymore.

This kid is going to go to med school too. Anyone else afraid for the world in a few years? Uh huh.

Otherwise the weekend was pretty quiet. The Patriots beat the Colts. I had doubts during the game but they managed to come through. That was the real challenge for the year. Maybe an undefeated season is on the way. We'll see.

I had some wine on Saturday night that made me feel really hungover on Sunday. I had what amounted to 1.5 glasses and then went to sleep. The next morning I was surprised (unpleasantly) to find I had a minor hangover. It had to be the type of wine. I never feel bad after even 3 glasses but that one got me. Too bad too because it was really good stuff. You just can't trust good wines these days. :)

I am supposed to go to band practice tonight but I think I'm blowing off half a day. No real reason. Just because. Besides, just how many times can a guy play Pink Cadillac and Blitzkrieg Bop without going nuts? About 2 more times I think. It's best that I skip tonight then. lol

Nicci and I have decided to give the relationship one last attempt. We are both tired of it all and have a plan for the next few months. If things go well we will be back to being into each other. If not, I'll be single by Summer. Either way things need to be addressed. This is the part of relationships I hate. It seems to me that if a relationship takes work then it really isn't worth it. Maybe I'm off base here but shouldn't a couple just click? Or is it really work? Obvioisly I don't know. Maybe I'm giving myself a black eye too by thinking that way? (Figuratively speaking, of course.)

I am ready to leave here right now. I can't wait for mid-day. Unmotivated me, once again. :P

2 comments:

Me said...

The teenager... I would have said the same thing to him about how stupid that was. I think kids need to hear it and need to be spoken to in that manner. Why shush it? I'm not going to be all PC psychology on him. If my kids are being stupid I tell them. Drama Queens? I tell them. Their friends too. Maybe that is why their friends like me and like hanging at our house? I'm a strict parent, with rules and no nonsense 'common sense' way of looking at things. I listen and I'm fair and I don't play mind games.

As for you and Nic. Sigh. Are you sure it's not just midlife crisis on your part? If you do get divorced again I hope you don't marry again... just stay single. I'm not sure you are good at being married. LOL.

Yankeebob said...

Meritt & Rene, Yes I know I have relationship issues. Mostly I just don't like having to allow someone else any influence on my life. I believe I should stay single should this one fall apart. Aside from the fun buddies I will collect that is. ;)