Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday Thoughts

-Don't Lottery tickets suck? Yes, because they are all broken. But they are also an addiction because somewhere at some time there is an unbroken one. Thats the one I'm looking for.

-Our alarm clock went off an hour early this morning. It sets itself automatically by connecting with the National clock somehow. But it was wrong somehow. We got up like normal and get an hour jump start on the day. I wonder how many other people lost an hour of sleep today with the same problem?

-I woke up with a Dean Martin song in my head this morning. "I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm". Then when I got to Starbuck's (an hour early) that song started playing. Neat, eh?

- We had our annual Christmas party on Saturday. It was the best one yet. Totally a kick ass time. I felt a little woozy most of Sunday but it was worth it.

-I tried boxed wine for the first time Saturday. Aside from the bottles we provided, I bought 3 different kinds for the partiers to try out too. Volume is the key after the taste buds are dulled by 3-8 drinks anyway. I kinda liked all 3 boxed types. I was surprised.

-Nicci made real eggnog for the party. From a recipe in this fancy cookbook she has. It was great! It was loaded with Canadian Windsor and Bacardi Rum but it still tasted good. Not alcoholy. (Is that a word?)

-I think I have a new crush but I'm not sure. Once I meet her I'll know for certain. Her name is Piper Perabo. Ever heard of her? What are the odds of me meeting her? lol

-This week might suck. It is a full 5 days. But after this is over we have 4 day weekends back-to-back. That is something to look forward to. Probably will make this week seem even longer.

- Lisa is off all week. That won't help either. Good for her. Bummer for me missing her. :(

-I suck at weekend blogging. Nothing new there but I have even tried. *sigh

-Coffee is finally ready. Jersey Girl just walked in. Time for important stuff. :P

2 comments:

Rene said...

I'm sorry I missed a kick ass party. I never go anywhere and it's starting to get old. I have no social life. Sit at home and do nothing. Not that I don't love my house, my family, etc, but I want to go out and have a good time with other adults, etc. I just get bored anymore. As for Piper, she was awesome in Coyote Ugly, but I haven't followed her. She is adorable for sure. Good luck finding her! She'd love you!!!

Me said...

My husband is patiently waiting for the eggnog this Christmas eve... I make mine with vanilla and amaretto. It's the only way I'll drink the stuff. LOL.

If you showed up at Starbucks an hour early - they wouldn't have been ready for you with your regular drink! LOL. Probably threw their schedule all off for the rest of the day. :)

Blogged about you this morning. This weekend I had a guy offer me a $1,000 shopping trip to go with him Christmas shopping. Reminded me of your offer to buy anything at Victoria's Secret. LOL.