Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I Need Frasier

Nicci and I had one of our “discussions” again last night. The discussions about how we suck as a couple. Mostly it was me listening while she ranked all the bad stuff. It sucked. But it was mostly truth.

We really do suck as a couple. There is no doubt about it. There have never been two more opposite people in a relationship than Nicci and I. The fact that we both hate relationships in general does not help a bit. So no matter how you slice it, we shouldn’t be together. It’s a miracle how we have made it this far. Amazing really.

If you’ve ever had one of those discussions you know how draining it is. It leaves you feeling wrung-out all the next day. Worn down and totally blah. Sometimes it lasts more than a day. Today has been hard. Tonight will be hard too since we have now been honest about the latest frustrations between us and the latest list of shortcomings has been aired. I’m not looking forward to it.

Soon I think there will be no more passes. No more ‘wait and sees’, no more ‘another day’. Soon I think we will have to just quit postponing things and make a decision. Either it goes on and we try to make it better or we just break it permanently. Truthfully, I don’t know which way I feel would be best. I’m no quitter. Quitting gets to me. But is it quitting if it just isn’t right? Is it possible that it is right and we just suck at seeing that it is? Are we just prolonging the inevitable? All good questions. No good answers.

Where is Frasier when you need him? Sheesh.

1 comment:

Rene said...

Hey Sweetie!! I'm so sorry that you're having problems! You're the only ones that know what's best for the both of you! Keep me posted!!

Love you!