Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Week In Review

It has been a while since I had the chance (or felt good enough) to post. I know it's supposed to be "The Week in Review" but I honestly can't remember stuff from 2 weeks ago so I'll do my best with the week-ish that I can remember.

- We got the news at work on Friday (the 12th) that the psycho boss was no longer involved with our group in any way. There is no way to describe the mini party that ensued with the whole department. I knew it would be a great weekend.

- Saturday we had a mountain pie party. Had some of our best friends over for drinks and food. If you have never made a mountain pie, you are missing out. It's simply two bread sized metal plates that are connected with a hinge. They are on very long handles. You butter some bread and place one slice on each side and fill the middle with whatever topping you want. Then you close the plates together and put the whole thing in the fire. The edges of the bread seal up and the whole thing cooks and once it's done you have a mountain pie. We filled them with everything from pie fillings to burger stuff to pizza toppings. We cooked them in our fire pit outside. It was a great night.

- Sunday.......... uhmmmmm....... must have been quiet. I don't remember anything.

- Monday we got the official announcement of who was now our 'big boss'. Another celebration for that. We scored big in this personnel change this time. Later I had lunch plans with Lisa. We headed out to the sushi buffet. About an hour before leaving work I started feeling rough. On the way there I started wondering if I should have skipped it. But it was Lisa and it was the sushi buffet so hey, had to keep on going. We had lunch and a good time but once I was back at work things went south fast. I ended up puking twice before the end of the day. That evening I got a fever and chills and a sick stomach and all that crap. It sucked!

- Tuesday the fever persisted. But the schedule would not allow me to be off. We were doing the first big, expensive fill in the new area. The reason I was hired here 1.5 years ago. I was not missing it. So I trudged through the day and we managed to get the fill done and into the lyo. I really don't remember much of the details. I know that they took me to the sick room afterward and found that my fever was 103. That night was terrible. But I did realize one thing; I really think having the chills is fun. I like my teeth chattering too. Maybe thats weird but it was a fun thing to walk around with my teeth chattering. :P

- Wednesday I was still very ill. I was wishing for a day off but there just was no way. Came in and got things done but the 102 fever would not break. I don't remember many details here either. What I do remember was how all the joints in my body burned all the time. Even Advil stopped working for that part.

- Thursday I woke up feeling a little better. It made me happy. But by the midmorning I was feeling run down and sick again. I even ended up watching the production from the windows instead of participating. I don't ever remember feeling so wrung out before. Then the inevitable happened; I had to go inside the core for a problem. I ended up inside for 3 hours. That did not help me out. The evening sucked again. The fever returned and I just couldn't sleep for all the joint pains.

-Friday I woke up feeling even better than the day before. I planned on taking it easy to try and kick the illness. I had no choice as I was to find out. After everything else I went through I now had diarrhea. The fever was not as bad but that sure wasn't a help. lol

Nicci called me upset a bit. Her car (the stinky Scion) apparently needed tires because it was sliding around curves in the rain. Nice. $1000.00 for tires on a car I hated even before she bought it. I felt the beginnings of a plan.........

Joe Torre blew off the Yankees. I was so sad about that. But they screwed him badly. They offered him a contract they knew he wouldn't take. A cut in pay and incentives for getting through the playoffs next year. Essentially saying in public that the loss this year was all his fault. The Yankees need to wake the fuck up. No one in the history of Baseball has done what Joe has. They were in the post season all 12 years he was Manager. Won their division title 10 times. Got to the World Series 6 times, half the time he was there. They won the Series 4 times. There will not be a record like his again. Stupid asses. These are the same geniuses that went for and wasted lots of time and money on Clemens and Jaret Wright and Pavano and and Randy Johnson. I'm thinking something is really wrong with the Yanks front office these days.

- Saturday was better. I still felt tired as hell but it was obvious I was getting better. Nicci was the best through all this stuff too. The best! Nicci mentioned how we had planned on going for prices on tires that morning so I mentioned how I thought maybe we should take the opportunity to look at replacing the car. She just laughed but then saw I was serious. I told her we needed to get rid of that stupid ass toyota thing because I didn't want to put a thousand bucks into it. So then she got excited. To make the looooong story short, we had a BMW by the end of the day. Turns out she really hated that scion too but was trying to save face by sticking with it. She had missed her BMW since she traded it in on the thing. So now we are back to normal here. It is true, once you have a Beamer you won't like anything else.

Tell me now, how many other people do you know who go to buy new tires and get a car to go with them? lol

- Sunday I was still recovering from the sickies of the week. I did nothing. I tried to post something (again) but I just couldn't. Whatever had me made it so that the computer screen really bugged my eyes. I logged on to WoW several times during the week and it immediately made my head swim. Sunday was better but I still had to skip it. Rest and Football was my Sunday afternoon.

Yesterday was much better. Still some lingering effects from the illness but nothing really bad. I did manage to lose almost 7 pounds last week. Thats a bonus. But I do not recommend the diet I tried out. Trust me, call Jenny Craig before trying what I had. lol

So that gets me caught up (I think). I'm sure some interesting things have been missed since my blogging was interrupted. But if so, I don't remember anyway.

3 comments:

Rene said...

So, when you get sick again, and run a fever, I want you to take me car shopping! Don't need a Beamer, but just something cute!! hahaha! I'm so glad you're feeling better! I missed you big time! xoxoxox

PlatinumGirl said...

$1,000 for tires for a Scion?! I think I paid just over $800 for a great set of 20" tires for my Pathfinder! What the hell are the tires made of?

Me said...

Congrats on the BMW! :)

And the mountain pies... I've never heard them called that. I've always hated them and never ate them because I've only been around people making them with pie fillings. Your suggestion of pizza fillings and such sounds MUCH BETTER.

(Not that I own one of the hinge thingy's... but I did look at them at Walmart last month before we went camping and considered them...)