Friday, October 26, 2007

Noisy Crickets

You know it will be an interesting day when you walk into you office first thing and find that it has been invaded by large, noisy crickets. Thats what I found today. Big ass crickets who all must belong to the cricket choir or something. It took some doing but I managed to round them all up and deliver them where they really belong. I dumped them into the Maintenance offices. Nice of me eh? I have an advantage in being at work earlier than most other people. lol

Thats what they get for not taking care of the pest problems here.

Lisa called me to chat again this morning. She comes in even earlier than I do and lately she calls me and we get the day started together. I never mind chatting with her on the phone. Thats unusual for me too. I'm not a phone talker. As a general rule, I absolutely can't stand talking for long periods of time on the phone. There are a few exceptions to that rule, as there usually is with rules, but for the most part, thats the deal with me. I never even answer the phone at home. Unless Nicci is asleep or something which would mean someone is calling late and has made a big mistake. Calling me is bad but calling late is really bad. It's an instant abuse on the way.

I wonder what makes a person like that? I wasn't like that in my teen years. I guess no teen is like that though. But it came over me pretty fast in life after the teens. These days I can think of just a handful of people I don't mind phone conversations with.

Another YB quirk exposed.

Yesterday sucked a bit. As usual, I had a decent day planned but the machine we were running had different ideas. A process that should have taken maybe 2 hours ended up being all day. I never took a break yesterday. None. By 4:00, when we were finally done, I realized that I was a bit hungry. Funny how being focused on issues make you forget about everything else around you.

Lindsey came to see me yesterday. She left for Texas afterward. Its always great to see her again. She's such a teaser. But I like that so it don't think I was complaining. lol

Did anyone else catch that new FOX show that mimics American Idol? The one that has bands instead of single singers? I saw part of it last week. I wonder if it will catch on like AI did? It actually had some good talent showcased. It also didn't have too many losers showcased. I wonder if they did that on purpose? Maybe people are tired of that from the original AI. Who knows? I think I'll try to see it again tonight to see if it will be worth following. I love seeing bands far more than individual singers anyway.

Not too much to talk about today. Guess I should get ready for my 8:10 meeting. Yes, someone actually scheduled a meeting to start at 8:10. My guess is they needed time for the coffee to brew. ;)

1 comment:

Me said...

You put the crickets in the maintenance offices! Bah ha ha ha.

Smiled at the phone thing. If you ever read my profile over the past 3 years of blogging you already know I hate talking on the phone. My blogger profile question was about losing all the phone numbers in my address book... my answer was GOOD. I hate talking on the phone (although I'll talk your ears off in person).

I think I've even blogged about the fact that me, Coffeekid and BabyGirl don't even answer our land line phone. My husband does, and of coure Coffeegirl does (she doesn't have a cell phone so her friends call her on it). But it can be ringing right next to us... we HATE talking on the phone and won't answer.