Monday, January 07, 2008

Bi-Monthly Posting

Welcome to my bi-monthly post. LOL

I have no intention of posting bi-monthly. I just haven't felt like it at all lately. When I get the urge I get distracted and suddenly it just isn't very important anymore.

So, updates.... OK, Christmas was great. Nicci and I stuck to what we said and did not participate in any gift exchanges. Not with each other and not with family. She did get her son a few things but there were no surprises. He asked for specific things and she got them. This is the first time we have said we would skip exchanging gifts and we actually did it. It was nice.

Christmas isn't about exchanging gifts and all that crap anyway. I have never liked that part of it (after being a kid of course).

We also managed to not visit the family over the holidays. Neither of us wanted to see my mother. Nor did we want to hang out with my Aunt & Uncle's loser family members. So we called in sick. No kidding. It was just like calling in to work. We called and told my Aunt that Nicci was sick and we skipped the family thing on Christmas altogether. We made ourselves an awesome Filet Mignon dinner and hung out together. Filets, good wine, fire in the fireplace, nice music..... what else do you need? Nothing.

New Years was the same. We had offers to go places but all of them involved us sleeping over. Neither of us will drive on New Year's Eve. But neither of us likes to sleep over at friends homes either. That stuff was fun (and usually mandatory) 20 years ago. I'm not into it anymore. So we stayed home and had a nice time together.

I feel like I haven't had a days work in weeks. The week between Christmas and New Year was so quiet at work. I like being here during that time. I get so much accomplished since no one was here bugging me. I finished everything I was behind on and managed half days the whole time. It was like being on vacation anyway. Nice.

Since then things are just cool and calm. Not much else going on. I spent a lot of time with Lisa over the past several weeks. I managed to hang with Lindsey twice too. Bonus. The Patriots kicked butt this year. The Yanks are dealing. I guess I'll have to learn to live with ARod for a while. Hopefully he continues to be great and doesn't choke in the post season this year. Thats about it.

I have been lax with emails and blogging. I'm not sure if it will get better or worse. I suppose time will tell. Hopefully no one is offended much. I do read blogs a lot. I just do not feel like much of anything else.

So thats my update. I hope to be back again later today or early tomorrow. If not, remember, I'm keeping an eye on you anyway.

Yes, that was meant for you.

You know who you are..........

2 comments:

Me said...

Well... glad to know you aren't dead.


:)

Rene said...

Yay!!! He's alive!! We can call off the Army!! I did email you this morning, but it wasn't anything that really needed a reply, just something I did! You know me! Glad to hear things are going well! Talk to you soon!! xoxoxoxo