Monday, January 14, 2008

Happy Monday

It was a quiet weekend. For me anyway. Nicci had her son this weekend and for her, those weekends are anything but quiet. Nor restful. You would think the teenage years would be an improvement but they really aren't. It's all just a different set of stresses.

Now Nicci is feeling bad. nausea and all that. On top of not having much of a weekend now she is sick. I feel bad for her.

Tell me again what it is people get out of having kids? I have yet to see any kind of happy advantage to it.

So I spent a lot of time alone this weekend. We all know I do not mind that at all. Got to see the Football Playoffs. Only the Colts losing surprised me. The other games I kind of expected. Especially the Dallas game. I had a feeling they wouldn't make it and they didn't.

I noticed something this weekend. Yawning is not only very contagious it is one of those little 'feel good' things too. I think it feels good to get out a good yawn. We tend to take the little things like that for granted. I don't mind seeing someone yawn because I fully expect to have one of my own shortly after. (I'm not real happy to see someone yawn without covering their yaps though.) It feel kinda nice somehow. :P

It's the same with letting out a good burp. Sometimes that is such a relief. Releasing a loud belch can be very satisfying. Farting can be a good thing too but I am pretty happy that farting isn't contagious like yawning.

Apparently my weekend was full of these things? If so, I don't remember it. I just remember thinking about it. lol

Not too much to talk about this morning. Like always. Hope everyone's weekend was great. Happy Monday. :)

2 comments:

Me said...

You silly man. You see no happy advantage to having kids? Have you not read my blog for over 3 years? I love teenagers. I'm having a blast being a parent to mine... and have enjoyed parent hood from the day I got pregnant to today, when my oldest is going on her first college visit. LOVE IT!!!

Now - what I came here for ... LOL. I wanted to tell you I thought of you when I read this;

NEW YORK -- A longtime fan is suing the New York Yankees over some players' reported use of performance-enhancing drugs. He says he wants repayment for $221 in tickets and a public response from his once-beloved team.

Matthew Mitchell tells the New York Post he sees the situation "almost as consumer fraud."

The Yankees have declined to comment.

The 30-year-old paralegal filed his lawsuit in small claims court in Brooklyn last week. That was less than a month after former U.S. Senate Majority Leader George Mitchell released a report linking 85 Major League Baseball players to illegal use of steroids and other performance-enhancing formulations. The players included 20 current and former Yankees.

Matthew Mitchell is calling for reimbursement for tickets to five games between 2002 and 2007. A court date is set for Feb. 20.


:)

Rene said...

Sorry, gotta tell you that I love being a Mom. Yes, teenagers can be trying and make you want to be one of the 10 most wanted on the Post office wall for murder, but I don't know what I'd do without my kids!

Now the yawning thing is sooo true!! Burping, I'm there too, but um.....farting, not so much!! ha ha! Glad you had a quiet weekend. I watched the playoffs too...really glad the Colts and Cowboys are out! I'd love to see the Patriots get beaten, but that's probably not going to happen. Oh well, someone's gotta win, and if they do, then more power to them.

Love ya!