Friday, January 18, 2008

Springsteen O'Clock

I woke up with a Bruce Springsteen song in my head this morning. Darlington County is the song. I have no idea why it was in my head when I woke up. I'm just lucky something was in there I guess. LOL

Anyway, I kept singing that song all morning and it kept reminding me of back in the day when it was new. The "Born in the USA" album was one I wore out back then. I was driving my 1963 Chevy SS, had a steady woman and 2 other girlfriends for fun. Always out and about, having a kick-ass time of it. So naturally singing that old song has put me in a great mood this morning.

Its funny how something like that, just an old song, can trigger not just memories but the feelings that went along with that old song. I suppose it would be the same if you have an old song that you cried to after a bad life incident too. But I don't know any of those right now. Right now I'm feeling like cruising with one of the girls, playing loud music on the way to our favorite parking spot, feeling totally carefree. But of course that feeling will fade fast since in reality I am now at work and the day will wipe that all away. So I'm sitting and enjoying the feel for just a little while longer.

I was chatting online last night with a friend who was telling me how she is really enjoying being "over 40". She said she once thought it would be the end of the world but now she is so happy she got through her 20's (especially) and her 30's and would never want to go back. I smiled because I can see that. But I'd like to have another shot at those years just to avoid the dumb-ass stuff. (I'd also like to redlive a few moments.)

She is an interesting lady. She does between 30-40 TV commercials yearly. Manages to get into them because she sells TV ads for a living. In her neck of the woods, she is becoming a minor celebrity. Kind of a neat thing to be doing.

So today should be a fun one. I had planned on having lunch with my guitar student. Hopefully she is still able to go. Thats always something fun to look forward to. Also, Lindsey will be here sometime today. I'm looking forward to seeing her again. Plus, I have only one 30 minute meeting scheduled today. That is a huge bonus!

This day has all the makings of a pretty darn good one. :)

1 comment:

Ontario Emperor said...

Count your blessings. The song that's been in my head since yesterday morning is Britney Spears' "Toxic."