Monday, December 04, 2006

Company Party

We had our big company Christmas party on Saturday. I actually wore a suit too (since it's pretty much the only time I will wear it). I like these kind of parties. It's fun to see everyone cutting loose a bit after being with them in the work environment all the time. Some cut loose more than others too. Those are the fun stories.

There were the usual culprits that everyone always waits to see what they will do next. The ones who always go too far with the booze and make everyone laugh. They usually don't disappoint either. There was one guy who got up on the dance floor after about 100 martinis and did his version of dancing. He was awesome (if you want to laugh)! When AC/DC came on he jumped out there adn statrd flexing himself like he was dancing. But it was real slow, like his muscles were all tightened up. He moved like he was in pain and played air guitar during about 4 songs. It was great. My friend Lindsey just had to go up and dance behind him, imitating his moves. (Have I mentioned she's an instigator?) He never noticed but we got some great pics.

There was the usual slutty looking babes too. One who came as a guest of an employee had the shortest mini-dress ever on. It was super tight and bright pink. We called her Valentine. She looked like she was dressed for Valentine's day. :) She danced every song too which wasn't bad if you were a guy. She was sexy. (I guess some women like looking too.) I mean she danced every song. Turns out she has a part time job as a dancer for parties and stuff. She told us that later. Nicci was talking about how she looked awful and I made the mistake of saying she looked great to me. Oops! Then our friend Tammie told me that if she could still wear dresses like that she would. That sounded sweet to me. When Valentine came over and drug me onto the dance floor with her I think I lost some points with Nicci. But it was worth it.

Then one of the highlights of the evening came along in the form of a couple who are still Rocky Horror Picture Show fanatics. They got the DJ to play the Timewarp and danced the whole routine. Everyone just formed a circle around them to watch. Everyone except Valentine. She danced along with them. They showed her how. It was funny. Geez! I remember when that show was new! I guess I am getting old.

It was a fun night. The food was good. The crowd was fun. I did have a little trouble recovering on Sunday. I didn't have all that much wine but I sure felt it all day. I remember a time when I could do that several nights in a row and feel fine. Oh well. Not any more.

I had forgotten how much I like those parties. The old job really didn't have those. I'm sure I'll remember more goofy happenings and I'll post them as I do.

No comments: