Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Brings Back Memories

This comic reminded me of my last job.



Some places have people who just make up rediculous things and call them ideas. Then they force their brilliance on others and when things go to shit they are stunned.

At the last job the big cheese decided to make every afternoon between 1:00 & 2:00 (forgive me if I'm off on the clock time here) quiet time. No talking, no phones, no interpersonal stuff. Just quiet time at your desk to get things like paperwork done and emails answered. I think that was the plan.

Of course, the idea was totally asinine. What person who has clients calling won't answer the phone? Who won't get up and take care of their emergencies or take a chance on missing a deadline for a customer? Nope, not the best idea ever. It totally crashed and burned. Just like any real, sane person would have known before forcing it on everyone else.

Yep, that old job place really did have some doozies running it. This cartoon reminded me of how mush I don't miss it. I barely even remember much from back then. Except the cool people.

1 comment:

Lars said...

Like you said, that's just stupid. Although there were times at my last job, hell this one too, that I wouldn't have minded not answering the phone for an hour! That would just never work though, especially with clients.