Tuesday, March 06, 2007

So It's Tuesday Morning.....

So it's Tuesday morning. Back in the swing for me, I guess. I was out sick yesterday. I went with the old folks for dinner on Sunday and got something there that knocked me about for a while. The restaurant was good, as usual, but something on the buffet must not have been. Nicci felt bad too but not like I did. Had it coming out of both ends, if you know what I mean.

Serves me right. Lisa will tell me (when I see her today) that I got what I deserved. You see, I was considering calling in sick just to have a 'mental health day' soon. Well, I got my day off. Not quite what I had envisioned. Lisa believes in karma stuff like that. Maybe she is right?

The weekend was weird. I got the closet organizer installed just fine. The thing is so cool! Talk about adding storage space. It wasn't all that hard to do either. I think the hardest thing was deciding how to configure it. Once the plan was made, cutting the shelves down and stuff was easy. Other than doing the closet I did laundry, had a date night, played WoW, and stayed quiet. As quiet as my big mouth let's me stay. :)

Yesterday one of our neighbors called to let us know their daughter had killed herself. It was a weird thing to hear. I am friends with them but Nicci is good friends with them. It really affected her.

It was one of those typical suicide stories. The woman seemed fine to everyone around her. No one knew anything was wrong. No hints that something was going to happen. Her Mother and daughter had even spent time with her earlier in the day. Next thing you know, she blows her brains out with a gun. I'm sure some odd secret thing will surface eventually that will sort of explain it all. I say sort of since you really can never fully understand why this happens. We'll see.

We sure are different people too. I say that because of the two different reactions in my house. Nicci was instantly distraught. She was sad and concerned for the family. She is so nice to neighbors and stuff.

My first reaction was "What a stupid, selfish bitch." I was pissed that she would do that to those left behind. I guess we are different but I have never been able to feel compassion for suicide people.

I have always thought that if someone could actually do that to themselves then the world is better off without them anyway. Maybe I'm too cold hearted but that is how I feel.

So Nicci will be helping with the family stuff this week. All sad and concerned and sweet and helpful. I'll be pretending life goes on just like always. See what I mean? Different perspectives.

Now I have to go and get caught up. A day off, unplanned, can be a pain when you get back to work. Planning ahead, well there's a different thing. :)

No comments: