Thursday, March 22, 2007

French Men Don't Get Caught

French Men Don't Get Caught (link to story)

Does having a fling screw up a relationship or could it help it? I read this story on MSN and found it interesting. All the things you hear about people having flings and how the Europeans have such a different perspective on sex is addressed here. It made me curious to see what we all thought about the subject.

My personal views on the subject have always been quite open. I have known friends who had sexual flings and it made them want their partner more than ever. I have also seen the opposite. A relationship can be totally ruined by a moment of weakness and lust. I also know people who have open relationships where they just agree to have fun but never let it come between them. For me, whatever works for the individual is OK.

When I was single I almost exclusively 'dated' married women so I have first hand knowledge that it isn't just men doing it. The idea of 'cheating' never occurred to me then. They were cheating. I wasn't. But I have trouble breaking promises. If I make a promise to someone then I'll keep it. Not that I haven't broken promises. I have broken a few (even very recently) but it isn't something I believe a person should ever do. If you can and have a clear conscience, then I'm not sure what to think about you.

There's the rub, eh? Can it be done with a clear conscience? If so, what leads to that frame of mind? Is it a sociopathic thing? Maybe.

I have posted a couple of new polls to see what people who stop by have to say about it. As Summer would say, vote early, vote often. :)

No comments: