Friday, January 05, 2007

Bummer

Nicci's Father is in serious condition in the hospital. He had another stroke. The poor guy has had a series of bad health problems the past 2 years. A quadruple bypass, several "minor" heart attacks, a couple "minor" strokes, one that left his left side 50% incapacitated, very serious trouble trying to control his blood pressure and a serious heart attack in early December. He has been in the hospital since the first week of December. It was the old story, he started getting better and then the stroke got him. I feel really bad for him.

It got me thinking about what I'd be like in his shoes. His left side doesn't work right. Now his right side is paralyzed. He has a pace-maker. His blood pressure is controlled by pills and lack of excitement. I think I'd sooner be dead.

Seriously, I don't think I'd want to survive in that condition. No possibility of ever enjoying even simple things again. No possibility of getting better. Just the ability to sit around waiting for the next big problem.

Definitely 'd rather pass on and see what happens after this life is done. It would have to be better.

This time I really don't think he will be leaving the hospital. I can't think he will and if he does he will end up back there pretty quickly again. He was a smoker for decades. Back when smoking was considered cool and they had no idea about the health risks. *All you smokers out there take notes. It will ruin you eventually if not immediately. Nicci is having a hard time with it. Her Mom is too. I think the next few days will be rough for all of them. Mostly I feel for the Dad. He's the one with no future to speak of.

Bummer.

No comments: