Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Chinese For Breakfast

Anyone else having cold Chinese leftovers for breakfast? No? I feel bad for you then. I couldn't help myself. I have a fridge in my office and the leftovers from yesterday were there. I was going to have them for lunch but they kept calling to me and calling to me. So I ate them. :)

Cold Szechwan Chicken, extra spicy with a dollop of fried rice. Yum! Now I'll have stinky breath for a while. But I do carry Listerine breath strips so maybe not.

Cold Chinese is one of those things I love. I love a lot of strange things. Like sweet bologna & grape jelly sandwiches. SpaghettiOs. Cold pizza is better to me than fresh and hot. Smarties are still my favorite candy, by far. Pickled eggs and raisins on my salad. These are some of the things I get questioned about regularly. My things. Yum!

So Rene asked a good question on her blog Sunday. (Check it here.) Why are there some jobs that are considered 'mans jobs'. Well, my first reaction is that this concept is probably a left over from before women became more independant. Men invented the list of jobs they don't mind doing so that the jobs they hate are done by the women. How many men volunteer for house cleaning or grocery shopping? Not too many. But the guy thing is grilling and mowing grass. Even taking out trash, thats manly. It does seem odd these days.

Nicci and I are weird about the house chores. We fight over who gets to mow and who gets to shovel the snow. We both love doing those. I do all the laundry and the dishes. Even the dishes not done in the machine. We both cook. She paints walls and does remodeling stuff. I paint pictures on the walls. :)

I do take out the trash and do all the grilling. Those are the two things we are normal about. She owns the checkbook and all the financials. She won't even consider letting me touch the checkbook. (Shes smart.) I guess these days it's not so easy to stereotype those chores. Unless we are weirdos and the rest of the world is still locked in the 50's.

I was thinking this morning that dressing everyday is an annoying chore. I never plan on anything so when I get going in the a.m. I just grab whatever is available. I still hate going to the closet and deciding what I am wearing that day. Plus the quality of things is getting crappier all the time. I have a couple of Tommy Hilfiger things (gifts only) that are not very old and they are falling apart. The belt is less than 6 months old and it's almost wasted. Whats the point of getting something with someones name on it if it only lasts a short time? Soon I'll need to go to the store again. I dread that.

I hate to shop for stuff for me. Plus I don't ever get designer stuff. I go to J.C. Penneys and thats good enough. Fashion is something for other people.

Weekends are easy though. Denim shorts and whatever Yankee shirt in on top of the pile. Simple and uber-comfortable for me. lol

So the spastic new boss just left here. He is all hyped again about this project he assigned to me. He is a funny guy. I think he is almost as much in love with Starbuck's as I am. On second thought, probably more. You never see him without the largest size Starbuck's cup of coffe in his hand. Even in the afternoon he is sucking down caffeine of some sort. Yesterday I stopped by his office and he was opening a 20 oz. diet Pepsi. I asked him where his coffee was. He just said it was all gone.

He has no sense of humor either. He is all work. I joke with him and all I get are blank stares. One time he asked me where our planner was. (She was off for the day.) I said "She is out today." Then I leaned over and whispered to him "At least thats what she told me to tell you if you came looking for her." He just looked confused.

I thought it was at least mildly amusing. :)

Ok, time to get going. Hope everyone has some leftovers to start their day out properly. It worked for me.

No comments: