Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Happy Anniversary

I have mean thoughts. A Lot. I'm sure (almost) everyone does. Even when they don't fess up to it. But I wonder just how many are too many? What is the limit before I am considered a big jerk? Am I a jerk if I always keep them to myself?

The thing is, I mostly have them when I am alone. Watching someone walk by, passing them in the halls, dealing with them at work. Being around people in grocery stores really brings the mean thoughts on. Doesn't seem to matter the situation. I just have thoughts that some would consider mean.

I consider them entertaining. :)

This morning I had a few already. Like, "I wonder how much more pants that size cost?" Or "I’m gonna learn to walk like that. Then I can be a cool dude too." and "How come that guy is wearing 5 layers of clothes? Maybe he’s terminally cold? Maybe I sholuld tell him that he would be warmer if something would fit rather than being 5 sizes too big."

That's my brain. The milder side of it at least. But I have a lot of nice thoughts too. Maybe thats the way to be OK. Balance. My personal balance? I just don't think about it too much.

Today is my anniversary. 8 years. I can't even begin to imagine how I made it 8 years. Nicci can't either. But the years just pass by and you don't even notice sometimes. I guess thats a good thing? Perhaps. Today is also two of my best friends anniversary. For those who don't remember the story, they planned their wedding the same day we did. We had a sunrise thing at a park in the mountains. Then they had theirs in the afternoon at a different park. It was a good day.

I'll have to to remind him that it's been 8 years. He probably won't be as freaked as I am. lol

In the card I got for Nicci I wrote that it has been 7 years in it. Ha ha ha! My math is bad, eh? I don't know where my head was. But we got a good laugh out of it. Duh!

I have some goober coming in this afternoon to talk about new filling machines. I really hate the first meetings for projects. The sales guys all act so phoney. And desperate. It's annoying. Plus I think I've already decided on the direction we should go. It's something I've been working on for a while. This guy is a little behind. It could be a tough time for him. :)

I recently found my high school class has a website. I signed up and wrote out some stuff on my profile. The pic from my high school days is so funny to see. I forgot that I had a lot of hair back then. Now, not so much. lol No beard either. I look like a little kid.

As a result of updating my profile I've heard from a classmate. She is someone I really, really liked a lot when we went to school together. It's been fun trading emails. We will be getting together someday again, I'm sure. For now getting reaquainted is cool.

The web is amazing, isn't it? It's so easy to find lost friends now.

These days really are different from way back then. Communication really is a breeze now. When I was in school, the cool new thing around was the portable calculator. They were new and very expensive. I heard of people paying $300 - $500 for them back then. There wasn't a pc anywhere to be seen. There was no idea or hint of The Web. No cell phones. How the hell did we survive?

How indeed.

3 comments:

Me said...

I think posting your high school photo is in order.

:)

Happy Anniversary!

Yankeebob said...

Meritt, I knew you would be the one to say that. :)

Rene said...

Awww...thanks Bobby!! I'm so glad you updated your info on the class website. We'll get together VERY soon!! I think I gave you my cell number in my last email!? If I didn't remind me to do that! I'm still blond after all....ha ha!

Love
Rene xoxo