Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Beach Blah Blah Blah

Hello all my Blogger buds. I am sneaking away for a few minutes to do a quickie post from vacationland. We are hanging out by the pool in Williamsburg for a while before doing dinner. Its been a great week so far.

I am not someone who can spend a lot of time sitting around a pool like that. Pool time is boring time. Gimme the beach any day. But the week has been busy so far so I don't mind the down time. Everyone else is OK with it but here I am, finagling some blog time. Can you say "YB is the oddball of the group" boy n girls? No prob. I'm usde to it.

I think it's a weird world at there resort places. The people are mostly family types. They walk around and the little kids follow like ducks. It's like there is the Papa duck, the Mama duck and all the little baby duck trailing along behind. The babies are always squaking and crying, the mama is always stopping and nipping their tail feathers to get them moving and the Papa ducks all have the big round bellies hanging down to the ground. Those are the people hanging out here.

Its a shame. lol

I noticed something funny (to me) on the way here. The road signs on the highway in VA all say "Speed Limit Enforced From Aircraft". If that isn't a license to just go as fast as you feel like, I don't know what is. Who believes that an aircraft is gonna get them a speeding ticket? No one, judging from the speeds people drive here.

We have had a full week so far. Been hitting the tennis courts every morning early. Playing golf, swimming, went to the beach for a day, done more shopping than I care for ever, sucked down some excellent wine and margaritas and generally just relaxed. It's been fun. I'll hate to go home except that I am kinda disgusted by the people here. Good thing I can keep that to myself like I do. Oh, did I just mention it here? oops. :P

So I hope all is well with youse blogger friends. I'll try to check up on you again later this week. No promises. Take care and... yada yada yada... a good day.

:)

4 comments:

Rene said...

You're going to think I'm retarded, but the aircraft thing with speeding...totally done! I don't know what they do, but damn it if they don't get some of the assholes that fly on the highways! So, you're so close to me and we're not going to meet up?? W-burg is only 45 minutes from my house!!! I'm going to be getting ready to go on vacation on Saturday, but if you feel like a ride to Mechanicsville, hollar and I'll get the directions to you! It's easy! Hope to hear from you if nothing else! thanks for my email!! xoxo

Rene said...

I'm off on Friday....should be home most of the morning cleaning and stuff. Would love to see you if you're up to it!

Me said...

I learned something new today and it's only 6:13 am. I have never been to VA so I didn't know that about the signs. So... does that mean they don't enforce the speed limits with cops in cars driving? LOL.

Loved the little duck family vision you gave me, except of course, that I love being a Mama Duck. ;)

Rene said...

Meritt....yes, they still have police on the roadways. I don't know how they do the aircraft stuff, unless they have radars, then when they spot someone speeding, they radio a police car? I've been in VA for 9 years now, but have never been caught speeding by an aircraft!!