Friday, June 22, 2007

Reality Check

Nicci's teenage boy broke up with his girlfriend recently. It was quite a shock to everyone. They have been dating for 1.5 years-ish and they seemed so perfect together. The perfect high school couple and all that jazz. But they are teenagers after all. Nicci loves the girlfriend and her family so she took it hard.

When it happened my first reaction was that he got distracted. Teen boys are easily distracted by their hormones. I've been there. It sounded familiar. He had been hanging with another girl who wasn't quite the looker as his girl, but she isn't quite the 'good girl' either. When I started to mention that I got the usual smack down. Nicci insists that her son isn't like typical boys. He's a 'good' boy. Never thinks about sex when it comes to girls. He is a nice boy. He doesn't have those nasty thoughts. She like to tell me that not every boy is like me. She says it like it's an insult. She points right at me and says "Not everyone is like you!"

Last night she spent hours with the boy who was having one of those teen freak-out-emotional-suicide episodes. He was distraught. He had a fling with one of his girlfriends best friends. He was feeling guilty and didn't know how to handle it.

I just wanted to say I told you so. Ha ha ha ha! He is like me.

I think that I am pretty normal and not everyone is like her. lol

The fling wasn't even with the one he's been hanging out with lately. That one has the pool and the house to herself all day and he spends all day there, innocently. Somehow they are always in the kitchen playing cards when the parents come home. Yeah

Some people need a reality check. Nicci being one of those. The boy is exceptionally popular, good looking, has everything going for him. He has girls chasing him constantly. His hormones are those of a 17 year old. Please.

Whatever.

Typical high school drama crap is all it is. I prefer to stay out of it. But I really want to say I told you so. Ha ha.

This brought to mind a pet peeve of mine. One thing that really bugs me is when someone tells me this: "I wasn't raised that way." Nicci says that a lot. Isn't that the dumbest thing you have ever heard? think about it. The only proper response to that is to ask "So that means you aren't able to think for yourself? You can only have the opinions of your parents?" I really despise that saying.

So vacation starts tomorrow. Tonight @ 4:00 ish actually. Nicci is feeling like she may not go since the boy is being a big crybaby. I wonder if I'd care or not? I'd do just fine without her there. I'd prefer she go but if she doesn't, cie le vie.

People are weird about stuff. To me, the boy freaking out isn't a big thing. Teens act retarded all the time. They can't help it. We all go through it. But whatever she decides won't affect me much. Just changes the dynamic.

OK, time to get the work done and get the heck out of here.

1 comment:

Rene said...

Guys are guys, and Mom's just don't want to admit that no matter "how they were raised" they still have very active, raging hormones, and they act on that. That doesn't make them a "bad boy!" Makes them normal....as long as they are chasing the girls that is! As for you Bobby, yeah, I thought you were cute, and all that stuff, but you were SO with someone at the time, and I was not the one to act on impulse THEN! HA HA! I don't do that now either, but my thoughts on that kind of thing have totally changed!

Just wanted to add my nickel and dime!!

Luv ya!