Friday, June 08, 2007

Fly Me To The Moon

How can a day start out badly when you wake up singing Frank Sinatra'S Fly Me To The Moon? It can't. Thats all.

I love that song and when it pops into my head, especially in the a.m., I am smiling.

The update on Lisa'a car is interesting. The dealer we ended up taking it to called her late on Wednesday evening. They had 2 people stay late and get it done. They felt so bad about how she was treated that they got it done for her asap. The lady told Lisa that "no one should be treated like that, especially at a BMW facility". Neat. I saw it this morning. It is all clean and shiny and everything looks new.

The moral of the story? Don't take my recommendation on a dealership anymore. LOL

I'm thinking that this weekend I'm going to put up a flagpole. I always wanted one so recently I was wondering why I never just got one and installed it. I think I'll be doing that this weekend. Then I can fly my flags all the time. One USA flag and one Yankee flag. Can you tell the real motivation behind me wanting the pole? Uh huh.

Nicci decided to dop the Atkins Diet for a few weeks. She wants to drop a few pounds fast before we head out on vacation. Usually I laugh at diets but not the Atkins one. It gives me free reign to be a full time carnivore. I don't mind at all.

I see lots of grilling in my immediate future. Yum!

I saw this comic recently and it makes me smile.


Incidentally, what is happiness? I don't really know for sure. Here's what it is this morning at least:

-Its singing Fly Me To The Moon when everyone else is all grumpy and annoyed that the old machine is screwing up (again) and and may cost us a production run.
-Its that sweet alarm on the coffe pot telling me the Starbuck's is ready.
-It's Friday
-It's the awesome text messages from my special friend that make me miss her even more.
-It's the fact that the Yanks are starting to win more than lose recently.
-Its knowing that Peachy is somewhere, anywhere right now.

Thats this mornings happy thopughts.

I saw this one too and it really makes me laugh.



Now, I love Sheryl Crow. Shes been one of my faves for years. But I have to wonder about society today when we tend to ask celebrities their opinions about world stuff and take them as the ultimate authority on things. It's a stupid thing to think that this person, because they are famous, knows more about life and the world than we do. Isn't it odd that people do that?

I've been in the music circles. Not to the level of Sheryl Crow but let me tell you, the professional musicians I've known can give their opinions all they want but they sure aren't the type of people I can take seriously. Just because a movie star is in a movie, how does that make them more relevant than a person working, really working, for a living. To me its a silly notion.

So Sheryl, no. I'm gonna flush every time and use as much TP as I want. Blame it on your peers. Now, if you want to show me a few things about playing music, well, thats a different story. K?

Can you imagine going to Angelina Jolie for relationship advice? Or Britney Spears for parenting advice? Yeah, its like that.

So today I am going to try and get out in a sneaky way to find Nicci a birthday present. Sneaky because we car pooled today and she will never know that I managed to shop without her knowledge. Then I can surprise her. I love doing the sneaky surprise thing. It makes it so much more fun. I'm thinking jewelry of some kind. We'll see how it goes. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is nothing any better than a great song in the morning... and also knowing that rich and famous people have no clue when it comes to giving advice.

You know on your happiness thoughts.. Aristole once wrote that the true meaning of happiness comes from being a good person and finding a good friend. Sounds simple doesn't. Too bad it doesn't work that way :-)