Monday, June 18, 2007

Just A Few More Days

So I've been away for a few days. Not away from checking in on everyone. Just away from writing stuff. It's been way too busy for me to clear my head enough to post. Plus, sometimes I'm just lazy. :)

Let's keep that last part to ourselves, eh? Thanks.

Friday I missed work. Not in the sense that I missed being at work. Noooo, in the sense that I didn't make it in. You all know how I have been thinking about blowing off a day? Yeah, well the hot water in the house decided to stop working so along came my day off. Not a planned fun day. Just an annoying, wasted vacation day.

The worst part of a day like that is that I was mentally prepared for work. Not like I would have been if I had planned on being off. Instead of relaxing and doing fun stuff all day I was in work mode. I ended up cleaning and water-sealing the deck. Edging the property and sweeping everything up. Doing all the laundry. Recaulking a leaky spouting corner.Doing the grocery shopping and putting all that crap away (which is the worst part of grocery shopping). Then I did the dishes. Easiest job because I just started the washer and then unloaded it. lol

After all that, the dude came and (finally) fixed the water thing. Go figure. Why do they bother giving you approximate times when they should be arriving and then totally miss that time anyway? They should just tell you the truth up front.... "I'll be there whenever." That I get.

I had lunch with my friend Lindsey today. She got this soup at the chinese place that sounded good when she ordered it. Crab and seafood chowder. But when it came it was all white slimy stuff with itty-bitty tiny little chunks of some kind of meat in it. It was disgusting to look at. Then she tried it. It was worse to taste. I took her word for it.

This car passed us on the way back to work and it made me laugh. Then I felt a little sad. It was a honda thing with one of those loud, obnoxious mufflers on it. The ones that make the car sound like its burping. They are suckh a joke. They sound so stupid. Then I started thinking about how years ago getting cool sounding exhaust pipes was a totally different thing. Street rods when I was younger were true muscle cars. They had the sound of true street rods too. Now this little twerpy thing is what the world has come to. Its a litlle sad I think.

So I have to go to yet another meeting this afternoon. I have been put in charge of a "high-profile" project. (Those are the words of the new big cheese.) He decided that I need to be the one to run this new project. He said that there is no other bigger one for the department. Then everyone rolled their eyes at him.

Not me of course. He was looking at me.

But most people in the room know already that the new guy is way too gung-ho and that he hasn't teaken the time to learn the way things need to be done. He is one of those type who just jump in and start changing things as he sees fit. He just keeps plowing into things and we'll see how it all works out in the end. Me, I'm just gonna do the project and let him figure out which way it should.

Vacation starts after this week ends. The week will probably be a long one since I'm anticipating the vacation. But it's OK. At least there is something to look forward to. Everyday I'll be saying "Just a few more days. Just a few more days." Right now I have to ge see the new big cheese for a little bit. Blah.

Just a few more days....

1 comment:

Rene said...

I was wondering where you were. Sorry about the water heater episode. I know how much you're looking forward to your vacation. We're going on our's from June 30-July 7. Going to the Outer Banks in N.Carolina. Can't wait!

Um, I promise that if you go to lunch with me, I won't make you even look at that slimy soup. I about gagged just at your description!

Hope your week goes fast, and vacation week slow!

Rene xoxo