Tuesday, July 03, 2007

He Didn't Know Who He Was Dealing With

I am struggling with getting back into the swing of the work week. You know how it is, having a week + off and then going back to work. Same old routines, same old issues, same crap. It's hard.

I enjoyed my vacation so much too. Tennis every day. Golf every other day. The pool and/or the beach every day. Totally a fun time. (With the minor issue of me being creeped out by all the gross people who inhabit those places.) It was so fun and then we came home. I got a little bummed so I knew exactly what to do. I bought lottery tickets. Even an extra one.

But they were broken.

So I am back at work, feeling the pain.

Yesterday was totally weird too. My boss comes to my office and chats for a while. Then he gets up and closes the door for a "private talk" (his words). I knew something werid was coming. They decided they need me to do something a little different. They are promoting me, more money, more responsibility... yada yada. They need to reorganize to make things better. I was thinking "Here we go again." These reorganization things almost never work. If they did then they would never do them again. Here they reorganize everything. The people, the responsibilities, the walls and rooms (I am not kidding). They need to reorganize the big cheeses and get some better ones. That would help.

So I will be promoted. Big fat hairy deal. Maybe I should be happy/proud/excited and all that. But to me it's just another day.

Later in the day they dissolved the Engineering department. Fired the big cheese engineer and spread his people around within the operations group. My 2 engineer friends broke the news to me after coming into my office and closing the door. Twice in the same day I had a closed door conversation. I usually have about 2 of those per decade.

It doesn't really affect me much. I just hope they know what they are doing.

I have to tell this story: While we were at the beach last week my friend's daughter Lindsey called. She was at another beach having a long weekend there. She started out by saying that she was calling before the cops called. Her Mom just laughed. You have to know Linds to know why she laughed. She is a very beautiful 20 year old who is also the most outspoken and non-bullshit taking person I've ever known. She is by far one of my favorite people in the world. Always has been.

Anyway, she tells this story about how her and her girlfriend were walking down the boardwalk and these drunk guys started hitting on them. They wouldn't take no for an answer either. They wouldn't leave them alone. One of them was apparently very obnoxious about it to the point where Linds asked him if they had whore tatooed on their foreheads or something. Then guy then spit on her.

Oops! He didn't know who he was dealing with.

Lindsey walked up to him and punched him hard in the eye. He then started to try and choke her so she kicked him in the crotch. When he went down she then proceeded to beat the crap out of him. The cops had to come by and get her off him. LOL

The cops had a hard time keeping the smiles off their faces. Lindsey is model material and she does not look capable of doing something like that. They were very amused. They just told her to move on but did take a report. Thats why she called her Mom.

She is so cool. That guy needed his friends to help him walk away. Bet he never saw that one coming. :)

OK, I guess I need to get going here. No motivation for me yet. Going to the coffee trough to try and find my motivation. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Me said...

Oh geeze... I see my future in about 3-4 years. Lindsey is basically my oldest daughter, BabyGirl!!!!

Rene said...

I love the Lindsay story! She rocks! We didn't want to come home from our vacation! Well, you can't have a Dalby vacation without drama, and trust me, there was drama! UGH! Anyway...just wanted to comment on the strong woman that you call Lindsay!!