Wednesday, July 18, 2007

A Minor Annoyance

I have been noticing people here saying this a lot just before asking a question: "I have just a quick question...." or "Quick question....." or "Can I ask a quick question..." Then they ask a question.

Usually there is nothing quick about it either.

WTF does that mean anyway? How did it become so common? If someone is going to ask a question then they should just ask it. Why ask a question to ask a question? Plus, if they claim it's going to be quick, they should stop lying and make it quick. By the time they ask if they can ask the quick question they could have asked it and gotten started on a response. That would be quicker.

Get it?

"A quick question..." pffft!

1 comment:

Rene said...

One can tell you are overly stressed, and one needs to tell you to take Friday off!! That would be me....take Friday off!! The quick question thing.....I totally understand, especially with working front desk in the dentist office...UGH!