Monday, July 23, 2007

Biting The Weiner Of Death

There is this sign above the urinals in the restroom that says "Lean = Less Waste". I'm thinking it's someone's weird sense of humor that made them post it in that particular location. I could see me doing that.

The weekend was pretty cool. We are up to about 2-2.5 hours of Tennis every morning now. I'm at the stage where I don't get tired any more. Just like the old days. OK, maybe just similar to the old days. No way I have the stamina I did when I was playing daily. Nicci and I have been playing on Wednesday evenings too but we've decided to start playing on Tuedsay and Thursday evening now instead of just Wednesdays. Maybe in a few months I'll start getting into some decent physical shape again.

I went to a baby shower yesterday. That was a first for me. Never been to one. But Nicci was there and she called and told me that most of the guys were there too, hanging out together. So I went. Out of curiousity I checked out the women stuff while I was there.

One conclusion I came to was that the goofy games they play have to be unique to those occasions. No way a regular party would ever see that happening. Women can not sit around playing guessing games the and clothes pins game at a regular party. Can they?

I also got a smile when the pregnant girl mentioned that she had forgotten her engagement ring at home. Then she corrected herself and said "Oops! I forgot, I don't have a ring." The father of the kid on the way just rolled his eyes. Different perspectives there, eh?

Jersey Girl is back from vacation. It was a quiet week without her here last week. Funny how you don't know when you'll miss someone until they aren't around. Then it's obvious (and sometimes too late).

Harry Potter.

I had to add that here just because the whole world around me is all about Harry Potter. Personally, had he gotten a decent name I might have read one of the books. But who wants to read about a guy named Harry? How can you take a guy named Harry seriously as a hero?

I felt KB cringe just now. lol

This post started being written first thing this morning. About 6:45 a.m. It is now 1:47 and its not done. Thats how my day has been. Someone out there find me a new job please. This one has started biting the weiner of death.

I was wondering something; how did the restroom start being called "The John"? I understand the can, the pisser, the pee house. All those. But the John? If my name were John I'd be a little upset about that.

OK, time to fix another problem. Hope everyone else is doing better than I am these days.

C'Ya!

1 comment:

Rene said...

I haven't played tennis in years. Used to play a lot, and it would take me a while to get my backhand where it was.

I go to the gym M-W-F this week for my personal training, so one of these days I'll be in shape again! All I know is that my muscles aren't as mad at me as they were last week, but I did have the weekend to rest with being in P-burgh, so tonight I'll feel it again!

No clue about the John question. One we'll have to ponder until someone gives us a clue!

Oh, I'll be in town weekend after next for a pig roast at my sister's house! She lives in Ft. McCord, but it's a Cburg address!