Thursday, July 05, 2007

They Say.....

I want to know who the "They" is when people say, "Well, They say that......." Have you heard someone say that? It's so annoying. They are experts on everything. They know all about what you need to do in every situation that ever comes up. The problem is, you can never meet They. No one really has met They. People just like to quote from They so they sound like an expert too.

Sheesh.

If I ever meet They I think I'll punch them in the nose for getting into my business so much all the time.

Yesterday was a weird day. My Aunt had her big family thing like every year. When I talked to her last week she said to come by around lunch time, like always. Then she called on Tuesday and changed the time to 4:00. Naturally we had plans at 5:00 already since we thought her thing would be done by then. Then she proceeds to tell me that both my brothers and their kids would be there. So I told her that was not sweetening the deal for me at all.

Have you noticed how people don't listen when you talk? Everyone knows that I don't care for my family all that much. Telling me that the whole annoying bunch will be in attandance somewhere is just cause for me to cancel on you. Duh.

But we went anyway. Luckily we had an excuse to leave early. It wasn't too bad but the truth is, I prefer to visit my Aunt & Uncle without all the losers hanging about. Makes for a better time.

I remember when I was younger we always would take blankets and walk to the school and watch fireworks. Every year I am reminded of those times. I hated doing that. I just didn't see the point in it. Uncomfortable and noisy and semi-interesting. Thats all I remembered from the years past. But every year we were forced to go again. I never go to the local fireworks displays anymore. Especially after seeing the real thing at the beach or in Washington D.C. Local shows are even less interesting now. I guess I just don't get it, eh?

But I am a very patriotic person. Don't get that wrong. Right now I have 12 flags displayed all over my house. I just don't get into some traditions, thats all. I pick and choose the ones I like. Don't we all?

Anyway, the visit was Ok. I met my youngest brother's kids for the first time. One is 9 now and the other is 5(?) I think. Yay. My favorite neice was there but she was acting like a spoiled 15 year old. All sulky and non-communicative. Apparently she wanted to do something else and was there instead. So she acted like a butt the whole time I was there. Teenagers are so emotional and silly sometimes. I remember those days. No one ever realized that the world revolved around me back then either. lol

Not much else to say about the holiday. It was a day off. That was cool. I didn't win the lottery so I came back to work. Not cool.

I bet I'm totally annoying at those things. I have so little interest in what is happening with most of that crew that my attention span is the size of a gnats. Many times people would repeat things to me so that I could respond. I'd have to ask what they were talking about a lot. My mind was always somewhere else. Like on when my next guitar lesson would be (ie: the person I was teaching to play). Or what new quest I'll be working on when I play WoW again. Or how come I wasn't born rich so I could hang with Paris Hilton. You know, simple little things that occupy all of us every now and then. Someone like me would bug me at a party. They didn't seem to notice.

At a regular party I am the opposite.

I realized some thing else yesterday. I miss seeing Peachy. I'm going to have to force my way into her busy schedule soon so I can get my fix. lol I do miss you a lot sometimes Peachy. :)



Ok, too many interruptions already. People here really want me to work for some reason.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well They say I look fantastic so I'd rather not punch them in the face :-)