Monday, July 09, 2007

Chunky Milk Anyone?

It sucks to have to grow up. So I try to avoid it at all costs. :)

What made me think of that this morning is yesterday's Tennis session. Nicci and I have been playing Tennis since our vacation. Every morning that we are off we play early, as soon as we are up and around. Yesterday I just didn't have it in me. I felt like my legs weighed about 200 lbs. each. I couldn't run. So I adlibbed.

I decided to start imitating the pros. Not their styles of play. Their noisy grunts. They make some obnoxious noises on the court. So I would imitate them. Nicci joined in too. It got pretty noisy on that court for a while.

Later I decided that I would play Tennis ballet. I made some awesome shots while doing ballet moves to hit the ball. Plus I looked stunning in my majestic poses and graceful when I moved so gently around the court.

Then I decided not to use my arm for shots. Only my wrist and hand moved. I actually held my own doing that. Of course, it was probably because Nicci was laughing too hard to hit the ball back by then. But I prefer to believe it was because I was so good. :)

Growning up is for sucks. Good thing the courts are deserted that time of morning, eh?

Meritt mentioned last week how my morning post sounded like I was grumpy. I reread it and thought it really did sound grumpy. The funny thing is, I wasn't feeling grumpy nor trying to be grumpy. I was mostly sarcastic. Nicci tells me all the time that she can't read me. She can't tell when I'm serious or being sarcastic or just what my mood really is. Maybe thats translating to blogging now? Hope not. Sorry Meritt.

We were researching something on our house over the weekend when we came across the original deed from 1954 when the house was built. There is a line in the deed that specifically excluded "colored people" from owning in the neighborhood. It says "No colored persons may reside in any lot except as servants." It is its own line in the legal mumbo-jumbo. Isn't that weird? I was shocked to see that. But those were the times back then.

Yuck! I just went to put a little milk in my morning coffee and big white chunks came out of the container. The date on it says to sell by July 5th. Guess they know their shelf life pretty well. So I went to the machines to get new milk and all the milk in them have the same expiration. Weird. Guess its non-dairy creamer for me this morning. Its almost enough to make a person skip morning coffee.

Almost. Calm down Meritt. Just almost. lol

This morning the new, big promotion will be presented to the department. I officially re-enter the world of supervision. Yay me. I'm not real hot on the managing people side of it. I quit that long ago. But it's a good group so I'll give it a whirl.

I tried hard to blog over the weekend again. I just can't do it. I have so many interesting things to talk about too. My brain is much sharper but I can't do it. I can read blogs but writing takes away from outside time and Baseball time. So I can't. I try. Maybe in the winter I can again. We'll see.

Coffee isn't bad today, minus the chunks. I do wonder what milk chunks taste like. Anyone else ever wonder that? Has anyone ever tried them? Maybe they are really yummy and we are all missing out. I like cottage cheese. Maybe it's similar? Someone try it and get back to me, OK? Thanks.

Time to go. Hasta la vista. :)

1 comment:

Rene said...

I can assure you that cottage cheese and milk chunks are NOT the same! GAG!!! Check your gmail!! I've got more I need to email you from Robin, too! She's crazy about the idea of getting together! We will make that happen, right??