Friday, July 20, 2007

Today Is The First Day......

....of the rest of your life. Ever heard that one? It's an oldie but a goodie. It's in my mind for a reason. Yesterday my boss told me that his boss warned him to "learn as much from ***(Persons name)*** about what they know and do it as fast as possible. Like, tomorrow."

In other words, squeeze all the info possible out of him today so they can fire him.

This is not knowledge I want nor need. So I am now stressed because the guy is a genuinely decent guy with family. He isn't right for his current position but still, all I can think of is his future. I wish I didn't know about it.

This morning I am meeting with him to get some info that I need should he not be here again. I do not look forward to it.

Other than that things are peachy. *sigh*

I did manage to find some Yoo Hoo last night. I have a craving for Yoo Hoo lately. So I brought a six pack in. I also have the craving for PB&J again but no luck this morning with the lunch room machines. They say ("They" is Terra btw, as I found out recently) that cravings only really last about 90 seconds. I think maybe They (not Terra of course, who is never wrong) is wrong this time. Once I crave a PB&J it sticks with me until I take care of it. Like a Big Mac attack. When it hits you have no choice but to get a Big Mac. It will ruin you for days until you do.

So how many have Big Mac attacks right now? Your welcome. ;)

A good friend asked me recently to come and help him finish some drywall and then painting. Normally I don't mind helping anyone with things. Especially good friends. The thing is, the one thing I hate most in the world to do is painting. It sucks! I can paint pictures all day long. Painting and trimming and all that just bites ass. So I'm stuck. I guess I'll help him out. The funny thing is his wife keeps telling me not to help. She is pissed because he wasted several weeks getting the project started and now when he has a deadline he is pushing to try and get it done. (They have a thing on Sunday.) I think it's funny the different views between men and women. lol

Lisa just made me think of something from my childhood. She mentioned butterscotch. I really don't care for butterscotch. I remember when I was a kid we rarely got candy of any kind. But at holidays the old folks would bring bags of candy and there was always butterscotch candies mixed in. They stayed there until the bitter end. And then after being desperate for some sweets, I would go ahead and suck on the butterscotch candy just because it was the last candy to be had. I hated almost every minute of it but it was candy. Isn't that hilarious? Kids!

These days it's still Smarties for me.

Ok, time to go have my meeting with the short-timer. Everyone wish him luck. I sure will be.

No comments: