Monday, September 25, 2006

Carpe Diem

I remember thinking it could be a bad idea. That it could feasably cost me a lot. Not cost as in money or tangible stuff that I would miss. Cost as in "cost a piece of your soul".

I also knew it could be the best ever. The best choice I had made in decades. I felt it even before I thought it. Then the thought came and I was done. You don't escape truths like that. Not ever.

Funny that the thought didn't come from me. It was inside me. But I had to be told. It had to be verbalized to me so I could allow it to happen. That's when I weighed the potential disasters with the potential experience. There really wasn't a choice.

So now I'm in the thick of it. I'm in it and it's in me. I knew it was possible to be here, now, at this point. But I also thought I could swing it and avoid all the entanglement that comes along when you are not careful.

But can one really be that careful? Can one really control it all the way they think they will? I seriously doubt it.

Besides, controlling it would have made getting to his point impossible. And even though it's going to make it harder in the long run, I never will regret it. Once in a lifetimes are just that. They should never be taken for granted. They should never be regretted. So I won't. I couldn't anyway. No matter what.

So, for the record, so there is no mistaking my intentions at this point in time...... I say "damn the torpedoes."

1 comment:

a beer sort of girl said...

Whoa. Sounds like quite a high you are riding.