Thursday, September 28, 2006

Take It Easy

Anybody else feeling a little stressed this morning? Feeling like there is some pressure on you that you can't shake? Feeling like you want to just fly away and hide somewhere? Thats how I feel right now. Sort of. :)

Today is the big day. The day this band I joined plays in front of an audience. I am looking forward to it... mostly. It has been 11.5 years since I did anything like this. I am rusty. Luckily a lot of the songs (3) are country (ie: easy) or old rock (ie: easy/familiar). I'm not at all worried about playing.

It's the singing. I have to sing one song. I got roped into it because there just isn't anyone else to do it. The women didn't want to sing the song, Take It Easy by the Eagles, and the one other guy couldn't. So I'm doing it. And I am mediocre at best.

We really need to find a decent male singer for this group.

I never was a good singer. I managed withing very limited range. I think I'll manage today. I'm just not looking forward to it.

Otherwise, today should be a blast. The company is having a lunchtime 'End of Summer Picnic' for the employees. There is food and stuff and they drafted the band to play. Personally, I don't think 5-6 weeks of playing together is enough time to be ready but we are going to wing it. As long as there aren't too many knowledgable musicians in the crowd, we will be able to fake out most people with all the "compromises" we've invented to be ready for this.

So wish me luck. Wish us luck I should say. Aside from the singing I am planning on having a pretty cool day. Ah, what 3-4 minutes of embarrassment compared to a free picnic and a half day off work? :)

No comments: