Thursday, September 07, 2006

Epiphany

I was driving down the highway this morning just minding my own business when suddenly a thought hit me; I thought that I was there at that particular moment in time at that particular spot because of everything I had ever done in life. Everything I had done, everything I had seen, every decision I ever made had led me to that moment in time. And what was I doing? I was driving down the highway going to work.

Depressing, ain't it?

It sure is. Thinking that the culmination of my life experiences had led me to that spot on the highway doing something no free person would ever really volunteer to do is a bummer.

Think about it. You are sitting there right now reading this. The culmination of all your life's moments have led you to this time where you are reading some bonehead spouting useless stuff like this. Does it feel right or wrong? Or does it not feel? Maybe you don't really care about it. That's cool. Some people don't.

My advice is this; don't think about it. That's what I decided to do after the great revelation this morning. I just let it go. No sense going nuts over something I can't change now. I put myself here and so I deserve where here is.

Yay me.

No comments: