Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Opposites Attract

So Paris Hilton and Lance Armstrong are hanging out together? There's an odd couple to be sure. Talk about opposites. It's almost as opposite as if Derek Jeter and Mariah Carey would get together. Oh, yeah, I forgot. Well it would be as bad as if Courteney Cox and David Arquette would... huh? Oh, yeah right. Well, it would be just as opposite as Nicole Kidman and Lenny Kravitz dating. They did? Ok, maybe it is as odd as Tom Cruise with... almost anyone. How more opposite can you get than that? Can't.

Good.

Now that we have established that let's just admit to a couple of things here. Opposites definitely do attract. Easy to admit to. We have all experienced it I'm sure.

Next, people in 'the limelight' have strange dating habits. They will date anybody it seems. Doesn't seem to matter to them. Maybe they know it's all temporary anyway so they just go for it? I dunno.

But I have been the victim several times of falling for an opposite, so I get it. 3 times to be precise.

I have a habit of being attracted to the good girls. The ones who every normal guy would want to bring home to Mother. The problem(s) here are that I am not quite the normal guy and I really don't care what my Mother thinks about anything. Besides, if I liked someone I sure wouldn't want them to meet her anyway. But I digress...

I have been in 3 serious relationships that were doomed from the start. Every one of the women was pretty much from the same mold. A nice family girl. The girl next door type. Homemaker, sweet, innocent. The exact opposite of the woman I am compatible with. But thats who I sucker for. Even though I know it's wrong I still go for it. I am attracted to my opposite so much that my head gets lost until it's too late. Then I have screwed up both of us.

On the other hand, they seem to think they can tame me. Calm me down. Help me join the ranks of the domesticated. One even wrote me a letter after we split saying just that. She expected to be able to change me. Weird. Both of us. Weird.

So yeah, I get that opposites attract. I understand wanting the person you know you shouldn't have. But I also know (through personal experience) that even though opposites attract, it never works out.

So I say, good luck Paris/Lance. I hope you are just playing because it seems like a strange pairing. But what the hey? Have fun with it.

Now, Tom Cruise pairing with anyone at all, that is something else altogether. ;)

2 comments:

Me said...

I had no idea Paris and Lance were hanging out. He must be wanting some action since breaking up with Sheryl.

Laughed at your first paragraph in general. Very well wrote!

Anonymous said...

There's odd...and then there's ODD. Face it, Hollywood-ers don't live in the same world the rest of us live in. Do we need more proof?