Thursday, April 05, 2007

Coffeeless

Did you ever start the day off wrong and it just.... well, didn't matter? Scared ya, didn't I? Yeah, I'm like that.

I have had no coffee this morning yet. (I felt Meritt cringe just now.) Usually I have my coffee before leaving the house but not today.

So on the way to work I was totally spaced out. I don't remember much of the drive. Hardly remember talking about anything. It was totally mellow. It was cool. :)

But the coffee is brewing now. Almost done. Soon I'll be my usual obnoxious self. Funny how something simple like missing coffee can make the morning so different. It makes for some quiet times. Some mellow moods. Some really boring blog posts..... :)

Ahhh, the coffee pot has alarmed. Java is ready. brb.....

2 comments:

Me said...

I bet the aroma of the coffee brewing right now smells heavenly.


Something that sucks (under the coffee topic) is when you brew it in the morning and it smells so good, but it's hectic and crazy and you are running late and you grab some at the last second 'to go' and you end up gulping it down....

Coffee isn't a drink. It's a moment to be savored. It's the experience. It's the catalyst to 'make' you slow down and sip because it's so hot. It forces you to stop what you are doing and enjoy the moment. It's not so much drinking it as holding the hot mug in your hands, raising it to you mouth and inhaling the aroma before you sip.

That's what coffee is. :)

Yankeebob said...

Beautifully said Meritt. I knew you'd understand the proper way to savor morning coffee. Rushing through it never works for me either. :)