Thursday, April 12, 2007

People Are Strange

People can be strange.

I have a friend that comes to visit (my office) every morning, has coffee, then makes up an excuse to leave as soon as the coffee is done. Every day I wonder why she bothers to think up excuses. I get it that she's here for coffee, some small talk and then hits the road. I don't even care. But every day it's the same thing. A lot of the time her excuse doesn't work out. This morning she had a meeting to get to. I walked by her office 10 minutes after the meeting started and she was sitting there. Ha ha. :) I find that strange.

A little later I was in front of the area I am responsible for when someone came up to me and asked if there was a new way to enter the rooms. (I just had some minor construction done to alter traffic flow.) I looked at her, looked at the doors that I had clearly marked with traffic flows, and smiled. Outwardly calm, I explained the new way to enter (which is just to open the door and walk in like the sign says) but inside I was laughing. It was simple and well marked. Then she says, "OK, I thought so. I did that yesterday." ??? I just shook my head as she walked away.

This morning has started out with some head scratching already. It looks to be a banner day.

No comments: