Sunday, April 29, 2007

Auntie, Can Dorothy Come And Play?

Today I am in one of those OK moods. It's beautiful here, sunny and about 75. I just installed a fountain in Nicci's garden for her. It's neat. But I'm still a little blah. Mostly because I am travelling to Kansas starting tomorrow. It's work stuff so don't start scratching your head wondering "Why Kansas?" I'd prefer to miss this trip but since it is my project I guess I have no choice.

I love travelling on the company money. Usually. But the people going with and the stupid way the trip was planned have made it hard to get excited. Not to mention the fact that I'm not really sure what there will be to see in Kansas. I've never considered visiting there so I'm at a loss.

Any blog friends want to come and keep me company? Maybe I can find Dorothy and she can hook me up with some slippers for Nicci. I'll give that a shot. (By now she might be all grown up and a hottie. Fingers are crossed.)

So in an hour we are headed to lunch with the old people. One Aunt turned 78 this week so we get to hang out at the old people feedery with them to celebrate. The mom will be there too. Another blah idea.

All this blah won't get me down though. Don't get me wrong. I plan on exiting the moms presence asap and enjoying the sun as much as possible today. Then I plan on finding whatever fun (trouble) I can while I'm in the midwest. It's the anticipation of it all that bites.

So once again this week you won't be hearing from me. Not until maybe Thursday. If I get the chance I'll post something from Kansas but I doubt I can. Everyone have a great week. :)

No comments: