Tuesday, April 03, 2007

OK, No Prob

I made the mistake again. You know the one. The mistake of coming in to work with a plan for the day. You know how that works. No plan is ever allowed to progress like you want it too. By now you'd think I'd know better.

Yesterday I was off for very good reason. The holiday had me very busy. Yes, it was a holiday. Baseball season started. Thats a holiday. Anyway, I was off all day, got to see the Yankees win their opening day game, rested and relaxed. I came in with a clear head today and a plan, all ready to go.

First thing when I got to work I found that my email system wasn't working. Turns out we switched to a new system. OK, no prob. I started to go through the instructions on how to set it up. Then I found that my windows program doesn't even have the means to do the changeover. So no email.

Then the boss calls and asks, "Did you get that email about going to see the new equipment?"

Uhmmm, nope. :)

He goes on to explain that it was a last minute thing and that the group was leaving to see the new machine in 15 minutes. OK, no prob (again). I got ready, slammed down my coffee and joined up with the group and headed out.

On the way down the highway my phone rings. Twice. The first time was cool. It was Lisa missing me. Sweet, isn't she? The next was a guy who needed to come and visit today. He is selling some equipment that we need and today is the best time for him to come by. OK, no prob (again & again). I set up a late afternoon meeting with him.

So we go and check out the big machine. We are all impressed. The sales guy was a Regis Philbin twin and that was very funny to me. Then he buys us lunch at a Chinese place. Regis is all, "This is the best place ever! I always go here when I visit the area!" I expected something spectacular. It was mediocre. Made me wonder what was up with old Regis here. He travels the world over and this little Chinese place in the local strip mall is the "Best place ever!"? Huh?

So I head back and arrive just in time to catch some time with Lisa before sales guy arrives. He is cool and his equipment is neato. We agree to chat further on that project and now he's gone.

So here I am almost done with the day. Nothing happened that I had planned. But you know what? Its OK, no prob. The day was pretty darn good. I never got my email working. But I had fun and got stuff accomplished. I met Regis' twin. Had a free (mediocre) Chinese lunch. Got the new project going. Travelled a bit in the bright sun. Time flew by.

It's been a pretty good day. They all should be so OK.

No comments: