Monday, April 16, 2007

Fox Sports Thinks We're Dumb

On Saturday I decided to see what Baseball was on TV. After spending most of the day outside working in the yard (which was a blast, btw) I settled down to see what was up. My luck wasn't good. The only game on in my area in the late afternoon was on Fox. Worse yet, it was a Sux game. But it keeps getting worse all the time. Curtass was pitching too. Talk about a major letdown.

But I am a Baseball fanatic so I decided to suck it up and watch for a while. I was hoping the Sux would get whipped and Curtass would suck. No such luck. They were winning and the pitching was reasonable.

After about 3 innings I had had enough. I could have watched more but the suck-up announcers were really pissing me off. They talk about Curtass like he's some kind of god or something. He's a dork. I wonder if I cut my ankle and then played ball would I get someone's first born named for me? lol

The end came when Manny made a play in the outfield and I had to quit watching. The announcers went on and on about how he's such an improved outfielder and how he has practiced... yada yada yada. They think we are stupid. Manny can hit very well but any Baseball person knows he is still a liability in the field. He looks like he knows how to play because he's in left field in Fenway. He has the Green Monster behind him to back him up. The balls he used to miss or simply misplay now bounce off the wall. It's like having 2 outfielders in the same field.

He is basically playing major league baseball in a large softball field. No magic there. No improvement. He has a big, green helper. Thats all. And Fox wants us to buy it. But any baseball person who knows the game will tell you the truth about it. Just watch and see how much the guy DHs on the road. That'll tell you the truth.

One would think I'd learned my lesson and stopped watching Fox. The Yankee haters/ Sux lovers of baseball. Well, Yankee haters and almost anyone else besides the Yankees lovers anyway. But I can't help myself when it comes to Baseball. So when there is no other game I'll probably still watch. Next time I'll have the sound off and play with the PC. That's my only solution.

Whew, I've had that rant brewing since Saturday. I feel better now. :)

No comments: