Friday, April 06, 2007

I M Betarded

Did you ever sometimes feel like you are a bit retarded? Like you may be mental? Not permanently. Just sometimes. I do a lot. Sometimes for good reason, sometimes not.

Like yesterday, I saw where the VOX Question of the Day comes from. A little thingy on the blog asked me if I wanted to answer the question. Suddenly it hit me that I was a dork. I had been wondering for weeks where people get those questions and right there it was, in my face, the whole time. Duh!

Today I will feel like a tard for good reason. Somehow where I work it has fallen on us project people to fill out the form for ordering big ticket items. It was (and should still be) an Accountants job. So I'm looking over this form and not only is it 12 pages long but some of the verbage is so foreign to me that my head was totally confused. The wording is in Accountantese and you need their translation dictionary just to get off the first page. Mostly I don't even know wtf it's asking me for. Incremental Calculations???Assumptions for the Profitability??? What language is that anyway? I know the words. I just don't know what they are asking for.

So after hours of research I did what any sensible Engineer would do. I call Accounting and set up a meeting/training session so I could get the translation. 10:00 today. At exactly 10:01 I'll be feeling retarded big time, I think. :)

When I told my boss I had set up the training he thanked me and said he was coming along. We'll be tards together.

You see? There are different level of tardness. Sometimes you are just a tard and sometimes you are forced into feeling like a tard. Either way the end result is Ok if you figure out how not to be a perma-tard. I'm gonna work toward that today. ;)

1 comment:

grace said...

hey, btard :P hehe

i'm SO glad you and nicci took the time to see us :) we had a great time. wish we could've hung out longer!!!

XOXOXOXOX.

btw, my blog link is still to the myspace blog! :)