Thursday, August 16, 2007

I'm (Not) Your Boogie Man

I heard a K.C. and the Sunshine Band song yesterday. Remember them? It was the one where he repeats the line "I'm your boogie man, thats what I am...." about a thousand times. It made me laugh. Not just because I remember how people loved that crappy disco music, even though that still amazes me. It made me laugh because I started wondering how a boogie got to be a good thing? Aren't boogies nasty things?

When I was a kid calling someone a boogie eater was the ultimate insult. Being a boogie head was bad too. But that era, and probably still these days, dancing is boogying. (Is that spelled right???) Walking really fast is called boogying. Maybe other things are called boogying too. But to me, a boogie is something I don't care for.

Some things make me wonder.

There is a guy at work we call the boogyman. Nicci and I saw him in the grocery store a couple years ago. He stood right in the aisle and picked his nose and ate it. We were both really grossed out. To this day we call him the boogyman. He is a high level person here too. makes me smile every time I see him. But I never shake his hand.

Speaking of which, I went into the restroom yesterday to wash my hands. There was a guy there doing his thing and when he was done he turned around, said hello and walked out. No hand washing. That grossed me out too. He is another one I'll never shake hands with.

How did shaking hands become a thing anyway? Most of the time I avoid it. I think it's a weird thing to do. Especially when you know some guys shake hands with their privates and then don't wash up. No thanks.

So today will be an easy one. I'll be helping with physical work all day. I love days like that. The time flies by and I feel like something was accomplished. I think today has all the makings of a good one. Assuming of course that nothing breaks down.

Meritt posted something about the state fair she visited recently. (Click here to see the amazing statue she photographed. lol)It was a scary sight to me. Plus it reminded me of the first time I went to the fair here. I was all ready for some cool rides and some good food. Thats what I always called a fair where I'm from. Well, the food was great. The rides were scarce. The smell was the biggest thing there. That and all the goobers running around with their pigs and goats and cows.

I just stood many times staring at them in wonder. How does someone get so psyched about a snotty nosed, stinky assed cow? But they do. They even had 'prized chickens' there. I didn't get it. Prized chickens belong in KFC, not in a fair. Cows belong hidden away from view until they are ready for grilling. Goats? I dunno what the heck they are for. And pigs? I think hot dogs come from them so I won't say too much. Just keep them on a stinky farm way fro civilization please.

I guess I just don't get it. What do you think?

LOL

Time for coffee. Have a beauty day.

1 comment:

Rene said...

Ha ha!! KC and his Sunshine Gay Band are the "big ticket" for the Va. Beach Labor Day weekend thing they have on the beach the whole weekend! Ok, you know damn well they could find someone better for the "big" name performers!!!

Virginia State Fair is the end of September, and while I agree with the animal comments, my grandson LOVES them! He reall likes the pot bellied pig races! Oh, to be 4 yrs old!! NOT! The food rocks, too, and there are the rides, but you won't catch me on them. I've seen too many horror stories about carnival rides!!

Love ya!!!!