Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Old Friends

It’s a morning for catching up with old friends. I managed to catch Peachy on chat today. It’s been forever. It was sweet! I also replied to my sweetie Rene’s email this morning. That is an amazing feat for me to accomplish. Emailing someone that is.

As a result of doing that email I managed to stop being a lazy ass and searched through a few dozen emails to find my high school friends email addresses. Then I added them to contacts. Now I really have no excuse for not emailing.

That may be bad since I suck at emailing regularly. One would think I’d be better since it is so easy. Have I mentioned how much I suck at emailing regularly? For no real reason? Yeah, I know………… Pete and Repeat were sitting on a fence…………..

So I see a Yankee icon has left us. Scooter Rizzuto passed away Tuesday. He sure will be missed.





Maybe some day we'll see him again, playing on that Baseball diamond in the old corn field. Kevin Costner needs to get that thing built.

I hate to see the Yankee greats pass away. There just aren't many like that around anymore. With the exception of Jeter and Mo and Posada (and I include Bernie Williams in there) players like Rizutto and Dimaggio and Mantle are a thing of the past. It's sad really.

Plus, the guys from Rizutto's era weren't prima-donnas either.

Enough of that.

I'm feeling a little more like myself againg these past 2 days. The aftermath of the past week or 2 has gone by. I actually played Tennis well last night. So this morning feels OK so far. But I am headed to my first meeting so we'll see how it goes afterward. Be back soon.

No comments: