Monday, August 27, 2007

Lunch Table Reunion

Saturday night was a blast! 5 of us from high school got together for a mini-reunion. It was labeled the 'lunch table reunion' since we all usually had lunch times together for our last 5 years of school. I'm not sure which of the girls invented the phrase but it definitely suits.

Here is a pic of us now:






Lunch table group



Left to right is Rene, Rob, Me, Robin and Kent. I think we look good. Looking a little older but not too bad yet. lol

It was so cool to catch up to old friends whom I have managed to miss for over 2 decades. Rob had managed to find me a couple of times but it never amounted to anything. Robin and I crossed paths a couple years out of school just long enough for her to decide she didn't like the person I was with then. She was happy to know it didn't last very long.

It was weird having people calling me Bobby again. As if it never changed. Plus the stories from back then that I had forgotten! My memory is a wasteland.

Everyone is doing well these days. Thats the best thing about us I think. We have all had the usual trials and tribulations that life throws at you but we have survived so far.

My impressions of the evening are mixed. I will post more about that when I get the chance. Two things I got from the evening that I know I need to change are that I need to stop being a butt and stay in touch with people and apparently the blog(s) are more interesting than I thought. I need to update better and not be so lazy. But that last part is a real challenge :)



Those two observations aren't even the least of what I got from the Lunch Table Reunion. I'll let you all in on that later. Its coffee o'clock right now.

3 comments:

Me said...

This post made me smile... I never really stay in touch with people either but when I end up doing something like this I always have a blast and love it and wonder why I don't!

Rene said...

It was a fantastic time and I'm so glad we were able to make it happen. Unfortuneately, I haven't changed much in looks, except the weight issue, but I'll never change who I am. I can't even think about calling you Bob, cuz you're Bobby!! ha ha! Can't wait to read more about me!! hahahaha

Love ya!!! xoxoxo

Rene said...

Oh, and it was Robin that came up with the lunch table thing!! Just forget to write that earlier! Shit, did you get her email with the house in Spain! God, what I wouldn't do to have a place like that!!!