Tuesday, April 11, 2006

AI Play By Play

I am writing this play by play as I watch American Idol. True reactions as I see the show. Somehow I think I’ll end up offended. Queen is one of the icons of Rock. I hate bastardizations of true rockers.


Bucky was first. He destroyed Fat Bottom Girls. It sucked! I played that in a band once and we were better than that. But we stunk! WTF is wrong with Randy and Paula, telling him it was good. Again, Simon is the only voice of reason.

Ace is such a schmoozer. "WithFreddy Mercury you don't just hear it you feel it." Please, go kiss someone else's butt. We Will Rock You is a great song. Ace made me laugh. WTF was that mess with the 3rd verse? He was worse than Bucky. Dork. Randy was right for a change. Paula, please shut up. Again Simon is right on: "A complete and utter mess! I really, really hated that!" I love Simon.

Kellie is crazy trying Bohemian Rhapsody. Hey, did she borrow Freddie's clothes? Actually... respectable. She was better than the first 2 by far. Hmmm. Good call Randy. It was OK. Paula and Randy liked it too. It wasn't bad. The problem I have is when someone puts a country sound to a true rock song. OK Kellie, passable.

Chris is next. Innuendo. He is trying to be Freddy. It's OK so far but not great. Why not do something that really rocks Chris? You were my one hope. Just OK with me. Randy is crazy. Paula loved it I guess, whatever it was she said. Simon and I are on the same page. Chris could have rocked the joint. Too bad.

Katherine coming up. Who Wants To Live Forever. I remember Highlander. Great flick. Kat can sing but this is boring. Just another AI ballad. That part reminded me of a Sheena Easton song. Boring is my rating. Nice vocals but boring. Randy- I agree. Decent job. Paula - Does she ever find anything bad? Simon - Praise? Wow. I guess he likes ballads.

Elliot is next. Somebody To Love. He never heard the song before? Dork! Hoo boy! This bites! Big mistake. That boy has no soul. Freddy, I hope you aren't listening. P.U. stink. Ok Randy, what's up? Huh? Paula, Huh? Simon, you too? I hated it. Good thing I'm not a judge.

Taylor with A Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Dope missed the mike stand. Not the best voice for Queen but he is entertaining. Cool. I liked that one. Taylor is fun! Randy, good call. He liked it. Paula, she liked it too. Simon, "Are you drunk?" Sorry Simon, I don't agree this time.

Next is Paris. This could be great or horrible. The Show Must Go On. She can sing. This isn't showing her talent off enough. It is good. Now we're getting there. Alright! Great ending. Sweet! Randy, liked it. Paula, again with the BS. I just can't figure her out sometimes. What planet is she on? Simon, he thought it was weird.

Ace was the worst tonight. I think he is a goner.

All this did was make me miss Freddie Mercury all over again. RIP Freddie.

No comments: