Thursday, April 06, 2006

What Do Women Want?

I have decided that I know little to nothing about women. I used to think i knew at least a little but now I'm sure I don't. So I am asking all the ladies out there to tell me just what women want. What does it take to make them happy? How come you aren't consistant?

Here are a couple of examples:

1. My best friend in the world is a woman. She and I have been close for nearly 20 years. We have been through thick-n-thin together. Pretty much everything life can throw at a person, we have shared and gotten through it. There has never been anything but friendship between us. Not an inkling of sexual tension, nothing. Nicci knew this before we even had our first date. Back then she thought it was so cool that my best bud was a woman. But as time goes on she resents it more and more. She has recently made it known that she doesn't want me to hang with her anymore. It's to the point where I hardly ever see my friend. We stay in touch but it's been hard. I can't keep that up long. WTF?

2. Nicci and I went to Williamsburg this past weekend. Eventually we had a kick ass time but for a good part of the drive down there all I heard was how she didn't really want to go. Now, we had planned this thing 2 weeks in advance. She even badgered me until I made and confirmed reservations. But on the travel day suddenly the 'truth is revealed?' WTF?

I could post many more examples of my confusing times with women lately. Not just with Nicci. (Those are the most easily explained right now.) But when I think about it this is a pattern I have seen for a long time. I think I'm just getting a little tired of it. So help me out here ladies. Tell me your secrets. Let me know what it takes to keep in your good graces. All I want is to have fun and live consistantly. Is that too much to ask?

6 comments:

Me said...

I would share our secrets with you.......... but then I'd have to kill you.


It's best if I don't break the code of silence. I don't know who's watching.

TerraT said...

usually patron keeps me happy enough. Just get her drunk!

PlatinumGirl said...

Hmmm . . . dunno. My husband has the whole jealousy thing, but I don't have a male best friend. I think it's unfair for her to try to put the kibosh on a friendship you already had, but maybe you can compromise and make sure she's with you whenever you get together with your friend. As for the trip thing, well, you can probably just attribute that to her mood. I might feel like going to San Francisco today, but if I had to get in the car tomorrow and actually drive, my enthusiasm for the idea might wane . . . until I got there and remembered why I wanted to go in the first place. She should try keeping some of that to herself. Complaining does no good!

Loner said...

Two things strike me when I read this: 1. Are you continuing to choose the same kind of woman who behaves in a way that isn't straightforward? Not all of us like the gamey crap.
2. Is there any woman on the planet worth giving up a dear friend - uh - no. That scenerio alone is pretty telling. I ask for limited contact with former lovers - not friends.

Okay - guess I'm not lurking anymore. - Stace

Joanne said...

1. Are you spending more time with this friend than in the past? Are you telling her things that you aren't telling Nicci, but Nicci finds out about eventually? Are you using her for a sounding board when you are having problems with Nicci? Any of those could be the cause of insecurity.
2. It is totally because she didn't feel like it that day. You've never made plans and then when the time came to do them, thought eh, I'm not excited about that now?

Peeved Michelle said...

Ditto what Joanne said.