Monday, April 10, 2006

Gardener Extraordinaire

Once again I have been doing the most exasperating job in the world; building stuff for Nicci's new garden. Some of you may remember the last garden she made at our previous home. Well, just think of it, we now have much much more yard to work with. Much much more! This whole past weekend was spent putting up a new arbor, building paths, planting trees, making a vegetable garden, all that stuff. This will be a spectacular garden when it is in full bloom. It is huge and we only arranged half the yard.

I'm a little stiff, a little worn out and a lot sunburned. Peachy laughed at how red I got.

I will have before and after pictures. The yard had nothing when we moved in. It didn't even have a tree. It now has 7 trees. It was all grass but now it's going to be a huge colorfest. The best part? My job is pretty much finished. I try to get it all done asap so that I can relax and enjoy life. Nicci enjoys life when she is in the garden so that works for both of us.

I have to give her props though. She has a plan and it evolves as we work on it but in the end it is awesome. I really can't wait for later in the Summer when it's all healthy and in bloom. It will be nice.

So there is my domestic update for the month. I hope it wasn't too boring. :)

No comments: