Friday, April 14, 2006

Anti-BS Friday

Did you ever wonder what would happen if you were honest all the time? I mean, if everyone in the world just said what they thought and never BS'd anyone? No hiding, no games, obvious intentions, truth to questions, just total honesty. Would the world suck or would it be a much better place?

There is this thing called 'the gray area' where most people spend their time. Their minds, emotions and what they say mostly come from the gray area. Mostly I think it's because people don't like to offend others or hurt someones feelings unnecessarily or intentionally. So they fudge their words to make things easier for others to swallow. I get that. I do that. Almost exclusively.

Today I am wondering what it would be like if no one did that. I am wondering if we would actually have friends or loved ones if we were totally honest all the time. I have my doubts. So lets try a little experiment, shall we? What say we do this: Ask me anything you want to. I will answer 100% truthfully. I will not fudge, I won't waffle & I won't go near 'the gray area'. I will keep the question lines open until this evening since I have friends on the west coast (and I never really remember what time it is in Australia).

Be careful what you ask, just in case you really don't want me to answer. This is a good way to lose friends, I think. But wtf? I have almost had the shits of blogging anyway. There's my first honest statement today.

This could make for some interesting times ahead. Of course the saying "May You Live in Interesting Times" is not really a blessing is it? It is also a curse.

4 comments:

Me said...

Hmmm you could be in trouble with this one. LOL.

peachy said...

Ooh Merritt.
Ask him which blogger he is secretly in love with. HA!

Madley said...

Interesting proposition -- I don't know who's to benefit if we were all "honest" all the time... very tricky question.

BTW what does "had the shits of blogging" mean? You're tired of blogging and the blogosphere? You get the runs whenever you blog? LOL

And should you decide to do you what you suggest... WHICH BLOGGER ARE YOU SECRETLY IN LOVE WITH? hehehe

Best (honestly :),
Madley

Me said...

Ahhh Peachy, Madley beat me to it. But really... that wasn't my question. Hee hee hee.


I had some questions, but they were all too 'serious' so I decided not to ask them. ;)

Maybe I'll just ask; What color is your underwear?