Thursday, April 20, 2006

My First Trip To The Irish Pub

We went to an official Irish Pub in the city today for lunch. One of the Engineers is having his birthday and that's where he chose for us to take him. I have never been to the real deal before. I've been to the poser bars that just pretend to be Irish. This one was way different.

To begin with, the girls there are actually from Ireland. At least the two I had contact with were. Plus, the decor is not American. I can't vouch for it being like Ireland but I can say it was not American.

The girl who waited on us was from Ireland and when I started to talk with her about it, she just walked away. So I decided she didn't want to talk about it. Too bad. She was kinda cute too.

After looking at the menu a while, Peachy and I decided to go for the true lunchtime experience and had the fish & chips. We almost got the Shepard's Pie. I almost went for the Irish potatoe soup too but I didn't want to get too filled up. They had a Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate cake on the dessert menu that I was sure I had to have later. Smart move on my part.

I headed to the restroom once our orders were taken and I was sort of shocked at the condition. Pristine is pretty much the way to describe it. You just don't see that in the city. There was even a checklist on the wall where they filled out the cleaning & sanitizing schedules. One other thing I was surprised about was how low the urinals are. I'm not too sure why they were so low but I sure wouldn't want to be very tall and try to use them. Either Irishmen are mostly short or they have very low hanging johnsons.

BTW, I just finished the Bailey's Irish Cream Chocolate cake. It was awesome! Now theres a great way to have booze at work without getting busted. ;)

It was a fun time. These lunchtime excursions are always cool. The place was very nice. I'd recommend the real Irish Pub experience to anyone. My conclusions about it are the food is great, their women are cute but little unfriendly and their tallywhackers hang real low. All in all a good lunch.

No comments: