Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Things That Make Me Smile

I was driving toward work this morning when I noticed a beautiful Hawk sitting on the top of a pole along the highway. That Hawk (or Falcon, I'm not too sure which) is almost always there in the same spot every morning. It made me smile. I like seeing him and knowing I'll be seeing him the next day too.

This started me thinking about the simple things in life that continually make me smile. We all have them; little things that give us a warm fuzzy. We would miss them if they disappeared. I started to list in my mind some of the things I always get happy about when I see or experience them. Here are some:

Pepsi Fizz - I love to dump my Pepsi (especially cherry) very fast over the ice so I can suck down all the fizz that pops up. I love that. If they could bottle just the fizz I would have it continually.

Seeing "A Charlie Brown Christmas" on television - I love to watch it every year. I have the DVD but there is something about watching it along with millions of other people that I prefer.

Hearing Olivia Newton John sing "I Honestly Love You" - Yeah, corny but that song always gets me. I have the 45 still and sometimes I just have to hear it. It always makes me misty eyed.

Peachy saying "Good morning" - She makes my morning start better. Peachy has an infectious personality. Trust me.

The first sip of Coffee - that first sip in the morning just warms the soul. Ummmm!

Emails from friends - I love to open the email inbox and see the big, bold writing that says someone out there was thinking about me.

Yankee games televised - in this area there aren't mane Yankee games televised. When they are, I am in heaven.

When my Uncle just pops in for a visit - He has a habit of just showing up. He did that on Sunday afternoon. Just wanted to see "If we were doing the yard the right way" he said. I love that.

The memory of my first kiss - more corny stuff but when I need a smile I think about that day. It was the most nervous I ever have been plus it took me so long to get the nerve. Makes me think of "The Wonder Years" when Kevin couldn't get the nerve to kiss Winnie.

OK, enough of that. I reread that and it's so goofy. Oh well. It's the mood I'm in today though so there it is.

So what are the simple things in life that make you smile?

1 comment:

Me said...

AH! I Honestly Love You... listened to it the day before yesterday. My favorite part is the beginning "Maybe I hang around here... a little more than I should... we both know I've got somewhere else to go..."


And the first kiss thing? Thought of that this week too. I wish we could go back and 'do over' as I really liked this guy but we both went in too fast and our teeth knocked together. LOL.