Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Great Start + Foot In Mouth (Again)

As you can see by the Yankee update box the season started off very nicely. A 15-2 ass-whoopin is always a sweet game no matter what time of year.

Yesterday was a very cool day. I got to hang out with my best friend Lisa most of the day. That's always a plus. I also got to see parts of 6 different Baseball games. I brought in the new season in style.

I also managed to get my lazy butt to Game Stop to buy Civilization IV. Well, truthfully Lisa 'encouraged' me to just get it since we were there anyway. So far it's pretty interesting. There is so much new stuff to learn when you try a new game. Especially one as involved as Civilization.

I did get her to model some nice clothes for me. She didn't like anything though. But she has never broken down and modeled Victoria's Secret outfits yet. 18 years and counting that I have offered my standard "You model it and I'll buy it" deal. It never works. Actually, it did work one time but never with Lisa.

So I went to 7-11 to get lottery tickets later. As I was waiting in line this older lady with fish lips came and got right in front of me in line. I just looked at her funny, not saying anything. Then she looked back and waved me forward impatiently, like it was a problem for her that I was there first. While my tickets were being printed another older lady came and started talking with the first one. By the time I was leaving they were both standing right in the door. They were not interested in moving either. I waited a little while and then the guy who was behind me in line was waiting for them to move. Finally they must have noticed we wanted to exit (duh!) so they slowly went out the door. As I squeezed by them one said to the other "I almost won two and a half million last week..." Suddenly out of my mouth pops, "Someone should smack you in the head two and a half million times!"

Silence. Except for the guy behind me laughing out loud. I just walked away and went home. I still can not predict when and where that old foot-in-mouth-disease will pop up.

All in all, a very nice day off. A very nice way to start the Baseball season. :)

No comments: