Friday, April 28, 2006

Brain Waves

My brain waves were wandering all over the place yesterday. It was neat. :)

When I was leaving work I noticed a woman planting flowers across the street from our building. She was planting them in one of those little dirt rings surrounding a tree that is growing up through the sidewalk. You know how the city is; they leave holes in the sidewalks and let some trees grow through. It's a nice thing. But when I watched her a little while I got kind of a melancholy feeling about it.

I liked that she was planting a mini-garden right outside her door. That is a great idea. But it made me a little sad too. Kind of a feeling of "Too bad that's what we are becoming" thing maybe. Those little flowers are going to be pretty but I have seen the people in this neighborhood. They walk the dogs and those grassy areas are pretty much the only place the pets have to do their business. Plus the people around here don't have much care for others property. Also, this building is right next to a major sports stadium and two blocks from another one so when games are happening the sidewalks and streets overflow. I am fearful for those little flowers.

At the same time I am happy they are there. Hopefully people will respect them a little bit.

Weird feelings eh?

Later on the way home I was driving through this little tiny town en route. There were these 3 little kids standing on the sidewalk and they kept giving all the passing drivers the 'honk your horn' signal. You know the one kids do; when they act like they are pulling on an air horn in a semi. No one ahead of me honked so when I got nearby and they gave me the signal I laid on the horn for a long series of toots. When I did that they all jumped up and down and screamed and laughed. That made me laugh out loud.

I remember being that little and doing the same thing. When someone finally honked their horn it was pretty satisfying somehow.

Then I went home and pondered these things in my brain. That was my drive home.

I'm glad I have this blog to write this stuff down. I don't want to forget feelings & moments like these.

No comments: